Dies at WOT

SCaddict

I installed a C&L 76mm MAF with the red 30lb tube today and now I do not have WOT. It ran like a tank for a few minutes after I installed it and then it ran and drove fine. I went to give it some fuel and it dies at WOT. It just bogs right down and barely runs. I had a pinging issue before the MAF but now it starts to ping at 1-2 pounds of boost. What could it be?

Not to state the obvious but have you removed it and put the stock MAF back in? Did it run differently? I know very little about C&L but I *Think* the SC's require a special tube. :eek:

It idles great and runs just fine just not at WOT. Everytime that I have had a major vacuum it would not idle. But this seems different.

It is amazing how much better it runs with the correct "yellow" in it. :rolleyes: I need a pump and injectors real bad. At 5 psi it is pinging very loud.

So much to buy, so little money. :(

SCaddict said:
It is amazing how much better it runs with the correct "yellow" in it. :rolleyes: I need a pump and injectors real bad. At 5 psi it is pinging very loud.

So much to buy, so little money. :(
If you have not upgraded your fuel pump already you need a spanking. Shame on you! lol

Dave,

You can come up here and lay the beats to me all you want. Then I will have you tune my car while your here. :)

Back