4000rpm Red Line !!!!!!

WinnipegSC

OK weirdest problem my car will run prrfect with only a slight miss eveyr now adn then(as i mentioned in my other post.. but when i really get on it it goes liek a bat outa hell. the proble is as SOON as it hits 4K RPM it starts missing bad liek shakes the whoel car car stops accelerating until it shifts gears then as soon as that gear hits 4K it does it again.. .. tried several times wiht teh same results.. should i go pull coeds(NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT)

WinnipegSC said:
OK weirdest problem my car will run prrfect with only a slight miss eveyr now adn then(as i mentioned in my other post.. but when i really get on it it goes liek a bat outa hell. the proble is as SOON as it hits 4K RPM it starts missing bad liek shakes the whoel car car stops accelerating until it shifts gears then as soon as that gear hits 4K it does it again.. .. tried several times wiht teh same results.. should i go pull coeds(NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT)

I have pretty much the same problem. Sometimes it's better than others.

When I posed this to the forum, the consensus was that it was most-likely the fuel pump, which has already been changed on mine way back when it was newer under warranty.

I'd consider changing the fuel filter, as it could have the same effect, and is probably cheaper.

Mine did that at 3k after I did my head gaskets. I lost the bolts the hold the DIS module down, so I put some small screws in the just hold it in place. Not a tight hold, but it wouldn't go anywhere. Stomp it and it missed bad at 3k rpms. I bought some bolts for it and it stopped. I didn't realize at the time that the DIS module grounds itself to the accessory bracket through those little bolts.

If you have messed with the DIS make sure the bolts are clean and tight.

Otherwise you may have bad plug wires that are not capable of delivering a strong enough spark under load.

Get a fuel pressure gauge and test pressure. Then invest in a set of plugs and wires. It can only run better with new plugs and wires. How long has it been since you changed the plugs and wires, and how many miles are on your car?

my car has 79K miles on it.. changed plug wires about 100miles ago..

head gaskets where done at 45Kmiles

plug wires havnt been changed in 6 months

but yeah liek teh other guy said it only does it when tis in the mood every now n then itll go right up there

my altest thought is if i have a BAD leaking intercooler piping would it not cause it to be SUPER lean at idle(slight miss) and SUPER rich and high RPM WOT(WAY RICH AND bogs out

Back