more adustable suspension

WhtnyFn

but what exactly is happeneing when i flip that switch?
what physically happens when i switch modes of suspension?

your suspension "stiffens" for a more sporty feel. I'm sure you already knew that, but in case you didn't. As for what goes oninside the shock itself, I have no idea

Basically...

An electrical signal runs to an "actuator" on top of the shock, the actuator is essentially a switch that rotates, and this rotation (of 45 degrees) moves a pin/lever on top of the shock. This movement of the pin changes the valving rate by closing off holes in the "Soft" valving mechanism/plate.
larger holes pass the (nitrogen gas) shock fluid faster in the chamber, with less damping, allowing more travel of the shock piston. Smaller diameter holes ( Or the closing off of some of them) in the valve allow less fluid through at a slower rate, increasing firmness and damping.

Make sense?

Ah...ya beat me to it Dan!! Probably explained it better than I could too!! I understand perfectly now!
-Jeff

Don't feel bad Jeff..

I usually lose on the "timing" part of posting something. I guess the law of averages finally rung one up in the lucky column for me today. lol

TTYL.

(I actually believe there's tiny elves inside the shocks and they're forced to push hard against the valve when an electrical impulse tells them to, but...I doubted anyone else would buy it. It really is true though....) :)

Back