Cam sensor, do I remove?

Damn Bird

Pulling timing gear cover, does the cam sensor housing need to be removed? Also what size is the anti-tamper tork t50 or t40?
thanks!

Not sure I understand what you're asking.

But, if what you're asking is how to go about replacing the cam sensor, all you do is this:

- Carefully unplug it, old plastic = brittle plastic.
- Remove the 2 tiny bolts holding it on. If necessary, grind down the nub of any tamper proof torx bolts with a drill bit.
- remove the old cam sensor.
- bolt on the new one.
- plug it back in.

Thats it. You might want to remove the belts and unplug the wires from the DIS/ICM to make it easier to access. You should also stuff a rag underneath the sensor to catch the bolts when they fall so you don't spend time cussing-at/searching-for a lost bolt.

Upper & Lower Sheild

I assume you are asking if the upper & lower (plastic) sheild must be removed, to replace the crank sensor.

Yes.

68COUGAR

If your asking, is it necessary to pull the cam sensor/oil pump drive gear and shaft assembly prior to removing the timing cover.

The answer is no. You will need to remove it before reinstalling the cover to get the helical gears to mesh properly.

Be sure to mark it's position so that you get it back in the same spot. Sorry don't know the torks size.

David

Damn a few of us must not know what a timing cover is?? I just read this and like dave, knew exactly what you were referring too. I am about to pull mine so I can get the cam out. The cam sensor on my car is already off but the housing is on still. Looks like a tamper proof T-45 to me.

Back