bucking/surging 10 min after start

35thauto

SCCoA Member
Hi all, I have an 89 5spd. begins to surge 3 times a second while at 65mph
the tach. stays on & follows the engine , not droping to 0 like a cam sensor does. I searched the archives & the only differance is my tach stays on.
Now, I went to N & it does the same at idle & remains running. so I droped the clutch back into gear & cycled the ignition key quickly to off & back on & the problem is gone for the trip, to return another day after the same distance & time. no check engine light or any light. this is my 2nd SC after my 35th I have from 98, I bought this 3 weeks ago & have a lot on a list to do to it, & a full tune up is next. I have been through a cam sensor,harmonic balencer,DIS, seperatly with the 35th. this is a new problem never before. I just want to fix it so I dont have to wander.
Thanks for any help.
:confused:

Last edited:
Sounds like the DIS module may be the problem. Mine would stumble and buck then after restarting it ran fine....after a couple weeks the car would barely stay running. The repeatability thing your seeing, is most likely caused by heat.

David

hmm, mine did that exact same thing, it would be hard to start after u ran it for a while, but if u left it to cool down it would start fine and run fine for a little bit, then it would buck n stuff.....but mine was a cam sensor

Back