Summit season in full swing.

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
We had our 4th race of the season today. I haven't been reporting anything because I've been having trouble getting mine to hookup and have been doing pretty crappy. The tire spin was killing my times and consistency. So, I switched over to my BFG drag radials from my M/T's and finally was able to run some decent short times in the 1.9's. I ran a 13.17 on my 1st time trial and a 13.34 on my 2nd run after only a 45 min cooldown taking out a 16.6 Dodge Durango twice. With a long layover until eliminations I got a complete cooldown so I dialed a 13.1 and paired up with a 01 TransAm dialing in at 13.40. With a slightly better r/t and good launch I caught him just past the 60' marker, got in front, and rode it out a 1/2 sec in front of him backing out of the gas just short of the line to keep from breaking out running a 13.14. Next up was last years champ and current points leader in an 01 Mustang dialed in at 14.3. It was a repeat performance and I took my 2nd elimination and 4th overall for the day. On my last run of the night I paired up with the big yellow 429 Econoline p/u. He dialed a last second 13.17 to get a head start and got me on r/t by a .1th. I broke out with a 13.078 to his 13.19 in catching him. I didn't back out of it quite soon enough. On each of those runs I would have run 12.9's (an automatic breakout) had I not backed off of the gas about 200' short of the line dropping to 98 mph instead of my usual 106-107. Finally, I'm living up my license tag. Here's a photo from last week. Unfortunately I lost that one.

Attachments

• Dragracer 2005 email.jpg
    Dragracer 2005 email.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 63
Back