Got a citation tonight, any advice?

brucki15

:mad: well i was out with some friends in my moms 92 lx junker ( my sc has blown clutch at the moment). anyways i approach a stop sign ( which doesnt make sence because you can only turn left in my lane and the other lane to the left of me can only turn right so a stop sign really doesnt make sence there, if i am making any sence). so i dont stop all the way and a couple seconds later i see the lights come on. i end up with a 95.00 citation. should i fight it or what? i called a cop i know and he said he will talk to her and he said i need to write something about how i did stop and where she was at she couldnt see. the worst part is going to be telling my parents lol. also will this affect the insurace? thanks in advance

Not sure anyone can help ya there. Failure to stop, whether you think it's a dumb place for a stop sign or not, is against the law. I got pulled over once for failure to stop, but got let off with a warning becaue there was a car in front of me and I said I was following them to thier house and didn't want to get lost. Best thing you can do is see if they will let you take trafic school instead of having the ticket go on your record. If the ticket goes on your record, then yes it will increase your insurance.

Back