Anybody running Kelly Charger HPT? Cheap tire, wondering quality...

scbird94

I am about to buy 18's for my 94 5spd, and while shopping for tires to skin these hogs, the cheapest i could find was about 170 a tire... fuzion does not make a 245/45/18 and i think that 255/45/18 would be too wide. Then i came accross these tires called Kelly HPT for 150 apeice. They are directional, not Z rated though... but i dont think i will spend much time at 150mph so i guess i would be ok with that.
Just wondering if anybody has run these tires, i like the price alot, just wondering about the quality of such an inexpensive tire...
Dylan Roth
St. Cloud MN

You Shouldnt Have Any Clearance Issues W/ The 255-45r18-- They Are Almost The Same Diameter And Not Wide Enough To Cause Conflicts.

Kelly tires are manufactured by Goodyear as a lower line tire, from what I understand. I haven't heard anything especially terrible about them.

255-45-18 will fit, depending on rim width and offset, and the vehicle ride height. I have that size, mounted on 8-1/2" wheels at +35 offset. With the car lowered on Eibachs, a bit of trimming / rolling of the rear fender lips did the job.

cheers
Ed N.

Kelley tires

scbird94 said:
I am about to buy 18's for my 94 5spd, and while shopping for tires to skin these hogs, the cheapest i could find was about 170 a tire... fuzion does not make a 245/45/18 and i think that 255/45/18 would be too wide. Then i came accross these tires called Kelly HPT for 150 apeice. They are directional, not Z rated though... but i dont think i will spend much time at 150mph so i guess i would be ok with that.
Just wondering if anybody has run these tires, i like the price alot, just wondering about the quality of such an inexpensive tire...
Dylan Roth
St. Cloud MN

i did at one time have kelley tires on my sc..i didn't have the money at the time to get the tires i wanted so i bought those and i was extremely impressed even in wet weather they held up well on the traction part. i would definately buy them again...i was pleased. :D

Back