Could this be my headgaskets?

platinumsc7

Hey everyone. I washed my engine this afternoon. I started it after I was done, and let the car run for a while. It had been running for a few minutes, when I noticed smoke coming out of the tailpipes. It wasn't a really thick white smoke, but more of a greyish w/ a hint of brown? If you rev it up, more smoke comes out. It has no smell really either. I have a little foam on the inside of my oil cap, but the oil level is perfect, and the oil isn't milky on the dipstick. I look down inside the filler neck w/ a flashlight and it looks like plain oil in there. I know it leaks oil pretty bad, and it smells like burning oil under the hood. Could hosing the engine off and having an oil leak cause water to get in there somehow? Could it be anything else. I just noticed it today. It runs awesome. Starts right up and has great power. It has been pretty cold out lately, and I just saw normal exhaust smoke like you would on a cold day. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears! Thanks!

-Brian

well... one thing is... you should change your oil... see were that leads too... my dad says you can tell if ur head gasket is going by looking underneath the oil cap... and if its milky underneath then u have a problem developing but i dont know change your oil.

Well, I tried the car again today. It takes it a while before the smoke starts coming out,and in the bright day, you can hardly see it. I figured the ground would be wet under the tail pipes, but it isn't. I did notice a few drops of clear water coming from them, and when i bent down to look under the car, clear water is running out of two rusted holes in the mufflers. So, I'm hoping that it is just condensation. Could I be so lucky?

Back