what's up with my idle?

platinumsc7

Hello everyone, my car decided it wasn't going to start on the 4th, so here is whats up. It would try, but would not start most of the time and I had no tach when it did run. My friend had a good DIS module and a new Cam sensor off of his XR7. We replaced them, and got the tach back but idle was terrible. Unplugged MAF and it evened out the idle. Cleaned MAF, that helped alot. Car runs decent now, except when I first start it up it idles really low for a second,like it is going to die, and then evens out. What is causing it to do this? If you need any more info, just let me know. Thanks. Brian

I agree with Brian but also check your motor mounts. I no it sounds strange, but evertime i break motor mounts i experience the same thing and i have chased my tail for a long time on it. After reading some other peoples posts about the same thing i have drawn a conclusion: When the motor mounts break the engine sits down in the cradle and pinches the crank sensor sometimes. if it doesnt i believe it has sumtin to do with that damn sensor tho. I replaced my crank and cam sensor and a few weeks ago my mounts broke again and rough idle has progressively gotten worse along with stalls every once in a while.

if im wrong correct me

chris

Thanks for the quick replies! No, I have not cleaned the IAC, and I haven't cleaned the throttle plate for quite some time. I just had new MN12 Perf. solid rubber mounts put on two weeks ago. My car hasn't felt that good in a while! It took the shop three days to do the mounts though! It ended up costing 200 bucks, which I didn't think was too bad. I will try cleaning that stuff tomorrow. Thanks again!

Back