MAS boring

wisupercoupe

I got a 73 mm C&L pretty cheap. I wanted to know if I can bore it out to the 76 on larger and have it still work. Thanks for the info.

I have done ALOT of experiments with stock MAF's and C&L's- the engine will still seem to run fine, it may even pick up some power, but, you will lean out the fuel and throw off spark/load calculations resulting in part throttle detonation- which ultimately leads to headgasket failure. Unless you have an EEC tuner to correctly set new MAF parameters, i wouldn't mess with it.

thanks for the reply. I don't want to have to rebuild till next winter. It's almost time to get her out of the garage for the summer.

I just bought an 80mm MAF that came out of a '94 Lincoln Mark VIII that is supposed to have nearly the same transfer function as the SC MAF, but just a bigger bore. Saw a few posts here from guys who say that MAF makes their SC's run a little rich, but it does pick up some power and throttle response. I haven't got mine yet- still in the mail, but when i get it i'll let you know how it runs. i'd rather it run a little rich than lean anyday... besides i am a bit of an electronics wiz so i can modify the MAF electronically and lean it out very slightly (slightly reduce output voltage) to make it run just right if needed.

The absolute best way to tune an SC as some experts have posted here is to install wide band o2 sensors, and take it to a dyno shop that has the equipment to support these cars and have them tune it for you.

Last edited:
Back