Installation Help Xr7 Dave Plz!

X

xThunderbirdSCx

Hey,
This message is for everyone, but mainly Dave Dalke, because i know he has bought many of these. Im talking about the A-Pillar 3 guage pods. I need help installing them. I have wires running to 3 pods already in the dash, but its a matter of x-fering them up to the A-Pillar. I think the boost hose is going to be too short, how do i replace that. Like how to i take off the dash and access the firewall? Any quick response would be greatly appreciated, but a step by step would be completely wonderful. Thanks alot everyone.

What brand of guages are you running? Are they electric or mechanical? I have a triple guage pod setup with 3 electric autometer C2 guages. I just ran the wiring to the headlight selector (so they light up when I turn on the running/headlights). Then bundled them, wraped them in a sleeve, and ran them through the door jam and then under the hood. Its not very noticable. But thats only if your using electric guages.

Imj not sure. Its all wires in there, so im guessing electrical. But i do have a boost guage, which is a small tube that runs through the firewall. IDK how to replace that, and i cant tell where all the wires come from in the engine, like i have no idea how to TAKE off the dash, and access the hole in the firewall.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
Imj not sure. Its all wires in there, so im guessing electrical. But i do have a boost guage, which is a small tube that runs through the firewall. IDK how to replace that, and i cant tell where all the wires come from in the engine, like i have no idea how to TAKE off the dash, and access the hole in the firewall.

I'd just extend all the wires to the pillar. The boost line you can also extend with a line kit from AZ and 1/8" NPT close nipple. Or you could also use a length of 1/8" vacuum line as well although rubber line may reduce your boost readings.

If you got the electric one, it should have come with the vacuum line and sensor. I just disconnected the factory vac line from the fitting in the IC tube and used the vac system that came with the kit.

Back