SC engine in a fox body

M90TAURUS

Has anyone ever put a SC engine in a fox body mustang. I am in the middle of attempting this and was wondering if anyone else has ever done it. I searched but came up with nothing...

M90TAURUS said:
Has anyone ever put a SC engine in a fox body mustang. I am in the middle of attempting this and was wondering if anyone else has ever done it. I searched but came up with nothing...
Yeah, there was a kid in Indiana (I think) that had an SC engine in a fox body mustang at WFC about 5 years ago. He didn't even want to show it because it wasn't nearly ready, but we twisted his arm :)

Kurt K said:
Yeah, there was a kid in Indiana (I think) that had an SC engine in a fox body mustang at WFC about 5 years ago. He didn't even want to show it because it wasn't nearly ready, but we twisted his arm :)

You know of any way I could get a hold of this kid? or maybe hes a guy now. I have seen the pics of the 10 sec stang with the 4.3 stroker kit, but nothing too much is said about the details, and its not a sc motor. It seems they chose the fox, in particular the notch for the same reason as me...weight.

M90TAURUS said:
You know of any way I could get a hold of this kid? or maybe hes a guy now. I have seen the pics of the 10 sec stang with the 4.3 stroker kit, but nothing too much is said about the details, and its not a sc motor. It seems they chose the fox, in particular the notch for the same reason as me...weight.
Ha, he's still a kid to me :D Unfortunately, I don't remember his name or his screen name (not really sure if he posted much, or at all). Maybe some of the other guys that saw him at WFC will remember.

There are other pictures on the net of a Fox with 3.8L SC in it. Can't remember where I saw it, but a good year back I found the pics. All I remember was it being black and no way to find out who's it was.

So yes, it's been done before and should not be too bad of a swap. But you probably won't find anyone who has done it to offer tips. The only guy I know who frequents the boards is Brian Bittner who put a 3.8L SC in an SN95. He may be of some use, but I don't have his email.

What five speed are you using? T5 or M5R2?

Micah

Micahdogg said:
There are other pictures on the net of a Fox with 3.8L SC in it. Can't remember where I saw it, but a good year back I found the pics. All I remember was it being black and no way to find out who's it was.

So yes, it's been done before and should not be too bad of a swap. But you probably won't find anyone who has done it to offer tips. The only guy I know who frequents the boards is Brian Bittner who put a 3.8L SC in an SN95. He may be of some use, but I don't have his email.

What five speed are you using? T5 or M5R2?

Micah

Its whatever came in the stock mustang GT's in I think maybe '91?

That would be the T5. The M5R2 is a MUCH beefier transmission. If you plan on abusing the car you will probably go through a few T5's (like anyone with a warmed up 5.0L).

The M5R2 is a notchier tranny though and doesn't lend itself to smooth shifts. So M5R2 you get tough and notchy, T5 you get weak and silky. Also your T5 with 4.10s' will already have a short enough first gear, but if you try a M5R2 then it will feel like you have 4.55 gears. M5R2 1st gear = 3.75 and T5 1st gear = 3.40

Micah

Micahdogg said:
That would be the T5. The M5R2 is a MUCH beefier transmission. If you plan on abusing the car you will probably go through a few T5's (like anyone with a warmed up 5.0L).

Micah

Where could I get an M5R2? As in what stock car has one that I can nab up if I come across. Also this is not for sure, but on the weekend I'm gonna look at a 63 Ford Falcon that might end up getting this engine...It's turning into musical chairs

buddy is/did in like a86??GT, T5 with IRS cobra rear, IC everything fit and used the SC rad also somehow and SC computer

I wouldnt bother with the Mazda SC 5-speed, just get any 90up(stronger) T-5 from a 5.0 and dont powershift 3rd, simple :rolleyes:

pro street rich said:
Named v6sprout?? may not be 100% on this, but for some reason this does ring a bell......Rich

His name is Jamie, he did it in a mustang that was the body style after fox.

Back