damper pully

intercooled89xr

hey every1 im looking 4 a damper mpully 4 my 89 cougar xr7 dose ne1 know where i can get 1 or if ne1 has 1 they want to sell, thanks 4 all your help

I know your not going to like to hear this but never, never, never put on a used dampner assembly. They tend to go for a dump when re-used after pulling them. The dampener is also balanced with the pulleys for Ford and comes as a set, it's very very important that the entire mechanism be balanced.

If you put a stock pulley on the balancer with out having the pulley/damper balanced IT WILL FAIL. There is a recent thread by someone who did just that and the pulley broke off of the damper TWICE!

Anyway, the damper is a piece of SH!T, once you remove one, it should be replaced. The balancer/pulley assembly is about $200 from Ford or you can get a BHJ for $400 and a set of under drives pulleys for about $160.

You won't kill the BHJ damper and the UD pulleys will free up some HP. They are both neutral balanced so there is no balance problems when installing.

Aaron

I have my old damper and pulley sitting in my garage, free plus shipping, but I have already removed the balancing pins from damper.

Last edited:
Back