Help!! with Clutch

95_5speed

I have all the bolts out of the bellhousing and every thing off the tranny mount wise. But I can't get it to seperate from the block What do I do now.
Also how do you take the clutch line off. Please help!

well... this is kind of a two man job... you will need one person... to pull the tail and wobble it from side to side... while another uses a huge screw driver and pries it off the bell housing... most likely the guide pins are corroded and stuck... so it will take some time to remove.. thats how we did it at the junk yard..

The cluch line.... Do not cut its $90.00 new, do you see the little plastic ring on end it should be white and the clip should be blue. Slide the whit ring forward into the blue clip, use two screw drivers or go purchase the 5.00 tool for fuel and trans. lines. Once you get the white clip pushed in all the way push in on the hose and then pull, the, male end should pull out. Keep trying its a pain.

And for sepperating the tranny! I don't know what you have off or disconected but. Make sure you have the driveshaft off and the shifter assemble apart. It might be easier to put the tranny in first then let the knob fall threw the rubber boot. If all 8 bolts are out of the trany then simple use a large screw driver of crow bar to seperat the tranny from the block. Any problems or questions you can call me .. (937) 520-3750 Dave

Turbong2001 said:
The cluch line.... Do not cut its $90.00 new, do you see the little plastic ring on end it should be white and the clip should be blue. Slide the whit ring forward into the blue clip, use two screw drivers or go purchase the 5.00 tool for fuel and trans. lines. Once you get the white clip pushed in all the way push in on the hose and then pull, the, male end should pull out. Keep trying its a pain.

And for sepperating the tranny! I don't know what you have off or disconected but. Make sure you have the driveshaft off and the shifter assemble apart. It might be easier to put the tranny in first then let the knob fall threw the rubber boot. If all 8 bolts are out of the trany then simple use a large screw driver of crow bar to seperat the tranny from the block. Any problems or questions you can call me .. (937) 520-3750 Dave

Yep...guide pins are frozen inside the bellhousing. Same thing happened with mine, but it came apart easily with a hammer and a really large screwdriver. I pryed my apart first on the driver's side.

Back