Looking at a bird

ThunderDave

I'm looking at a 95/96 tird with the 4.6L in it. It has been wrecked in the rear. The bumper cover and quater panel will need fixing. It runs good and the rest of the car is nice. Not sure about the miles on it right now. Anyway, what would be a fair amount that's it worth, if I decided to make an offer for it?

It would be a daily driver to give my poor SC a rest. Anyone have a ball park figure?

Thanks!

There is no accurate way of telling you what the car is worth. Without being able to survey the damage firsthand noone can give an accurate guess as to what it's worth.
Frame damage is a distinct possibility if the 1/4 panel has been damaged. Inspect the gap where the door meets the 1/4 to make sure it's still even along the rear edge of the door. If it's not, chances are the damage is much more severe than outward appearances indicate. What can look like minor body damage can quickly turn into a moneypit to repair the correct way. Also inspect the roof and rear window to see if there are any excessive gaps or wrinkles in the sheetmetal. Run a water hose around the whole outside of the rear glass to see if it leaks. If it does then the body is tweaked and chances are the car is not worth the money to repair it. It's also a good idea to make sure the trunk is closed and let water run over that to make sure the trunk doesn't leak too. You should also take measurements of the suspension to ensure the rear suspension hasn't been twisted or bent in anyway. It sucks to have a car that tracks like a German tank.
Like I say, what can look like minor damage can quickly turn into thousands of dollars to repair the right way.

Back