I'm about to give up, still won't idle

Lvcien

The mechanics said it'd be awhile before they would get to it, and I don't have the time so I got it back...

I've replaced everything I know how to on this stupid car and it still won't idle.

It's got a new alternator, new TPS, new MAP(Baro) -- what could be causing it not to idle... I'm about to give up -- the intercooler tube connecting ends are coated in rtv so I don't believe they are leaking, after I sit there and rev it for a few minutes it will begin to idle on it's own, but very high ... if I don't get it fixed by the end of april, I'm giving up, it's going to be the next SC parted out...

-Chad

Have you replaced the IAC? The very high idle tells me that's the problem. What does the alternator have to do with the idle?

markadeck said:
Have you replaced the IAC? The very high idle tells me that's the problem. What does the alternator have to do with the idle?

hmm, how much is a new IAC?
and the alternator, has nothing to do with it, just something I've replaced.

About $60.00 if you know the parts manager at your local Ford store. Do not use anything but OEM in this instance.

Mine did that and I had some vac leaks. Have someone start the car while you listen to the engine to see if there is any hissing sounds. It could also be the IAC as well but it wouldnt hurt to check.

also try sprying some starting fluid around all yoru hoses, anywhere there could possible a leak, it will make the car idle much higher when you find the leak, if there is one, make sure you spray lots, if you have a vac leak it will eb foudn that way.

Tyler

Back