Manifold exhaust down tube question.

95sc666

Does anyone know if the SC performance factory exhaust manifold 2 1/4" downtubes without cats will slip directly into a flowmaster 15100 resinator with no modifications? They seem a bit pricey at $195., but if they are a direct fit, I would rather do the job myself rather than going to an exhaust shop. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks!!!

If no one knows here, feel free to just give Bill a call and ask him. He's always been very helpful to everyone.

Typically most down tubes are made "long" so that they can be cut to fit which is what I'd guess for his.

I have the SCP 2.1/4" downpipes with high-flow cats and, the Flowmaster Force 2 resonator pipes will slip inside the downpipes ok. However, even though the resonator entry pipes are expanded to fit over the stock 1.7/8"-2.00" downpipes it still leaves a small gap of about 1/8". I had mine cut and welded by a local shop, but you could either fill the gap with some sheet metal & then clamp it or preferably cut the resonator pipes and use small exhaust adaptors (unfortunately you'd then have 2 adjacent clamps). The SCP pipes are also unequal length, so one side slides right over the resonator pipe & the other barely overlaps. If I did it again I'd have the exhaust shop cut and weld adaptors on, to smooth out the flow. Nevertheless I think they are a great improvement & if you are also skipping the cats (trust that's ok for your State inspection) I think you'll like the sound. You might also want to check out TexasThunderbirds, as he sells downpipes without cats a lot cheaper than SCP.

Back