local members

Scott Long said:
Me. I'm new to the area.

..naaahhhhh,Scott.....Mike Cate and I think that you are a figment of the imagination.....we see you on here but have never seen you in person....you sure that you really exist?.......j/k......take care,hope to meet you soon.
z

I saw a maroon SC 94/95 yesteday turning from Crossways Blvd. onto Volvo Pkwy. Might have been Mikes old one?

I'm now working at Office Depot across from Greenbrier mall. I'll be there a lot next week. If you are in Chesapeake you'll see my SC out in the back lot next to a black GT w/ chrome cobra r's and a yellow gt w/ mach one rims and mach one chin spoiler. Also a guy at work has a turbo coupe too. 5-speed.

So at least I got some gear heads to work with now.

I might be moving back to michigan in a few months because tuition rates are pretty heavy for me since I'm an out of state-er.

I have next friday off, anyone want to get together in the afternoon for lunch. I'll see if I can't meet up, if my GF is working that is.

Tuition

Hey Scott, If you wanna pay the instate tuition you should ask your girlfriend if you can use her address so you can get a VA license and for when you fill out your admission forms.

I believe Mike's old SC is in Alabama now, so it can't be the same one you saw. We should have a meet soon, now that it is getting warmer. I'm always off on weekends.

Brando

Well I would just do that and get a VA license, but then I gotta get my car inspected and register it here. I disconnected my ebrake since the arms on the calipers froze and because of that, no cats, and my windshield being tinted too much, I won't pass inspection. I am working 2 jobs right now (last week for one of them) and I work in a shop that does inspections and I assist the inspector so I know my car wouldn't pass. I am not really feeling like dumping a **** load of money into it to make it pass, since it runs and drives fine. Now if/when I need new rear calipers, I'll hook up the ebrake again. But the exhaust is done up front till I get headers and I don't want to put cats on it. I also do not want to cut my tint on my windows. I paid good money to have it done, and have paid many tickets in Michigan when I got them. I am keeping it. I had to trim a 3000 GT's windshield today since his tint went down past the AS1 line. The inspector I work with is a "by the book" guy. Nice guy, but strict.

Anyways I'm not making enough money to pay rent, bills, and tuition here. And I can't stay at my girlfriends parent's house forever. So we are going to get married, and go back to MI, get an apartment there, and go to school there since we both have MI residency. I would however like to move down here after college and maybe buy a house.

I don't know how much longer I'll be here since I can soon transfer my Office Depot job back to Michigan. My mom said she'd pay my tuition for me at the college back home. So then all Jen and I have to do is split the rent and bills.

I am stuck at a bad point in my life and I am not happy with either decision I have to make since I do like it here. I was going to go into the air force, but I need 15 semester hours of college before I enlist, so it'd be cheaper to go to MI and get the credits there. Who knows maybe by then I will just finish up a degree and not have to go into the military. I'm just not really happy with the current situations that have been brought into my life since the beginning of the year. But you can't go back in time and change stuff. I wish I would have renewed my lease on my apartment in MI for one more year and signed up for winter semester at the college but I didn't. Now I have no home, and I am 5-states away from my family. My girlfriends family doesn't like me and makes it clear they don't want me in their house anymore.

Anyways....

Enough about me. I'd still like to meet some of you guys before I leave. I'm not sure when that will be though.

My old SC is down in Louisiana these days. I definitely want to get everyone together & do a spring car-season kickoff lunch like we always do. Of course, I'd like to have my car running at the time! Sending my blower back to MP tomorrow, so I'll be down for the next couple of weeks I guess.
Scott, I'll stop by & say Hi sometime, maybe tomorrow. I work right across the street from you at Sears, & I live about 2 minutes from the mall.

Scott,

On fridays (tomorrow), I teach drums/percussion at Music and Arts which is three stores down from Office Depot. If you take a right out of your store on the sidewalk, next is the cigar shop and then Music and Arts.

Are you working tomorrow? I'll be there from 4:00 till 8:30. I have a black SC, very similar to yours with cobra wheels and an SHO deck lid. I park somewhere in front of Music and Arts.

Later,
Anthony

If it was any other Friday but next one...My fiance is coming in and we are planning the wedding and stuff.

Scott - You planning on going in as an Officer? I ask because you say you need 15 credit hours. Why not go in now, be a stellar airman for 2 years, get the Bootstrap program, finish college(on the Air Force's dime), and come back in as an Officer?

Oh, scott, I don't like Virginia that well either. I get raped for taxes every paycheck..100 bucks for every 500 I make...I don't see why anyone would stay here...honestly...not too mention, I can't stay in one place to long...makes me lame...

Stephen

I am stationed @ Langley, but deployed to Iraq right now. I have a 89 SC and a 90 5spd XR7. I am using the bird to restore/customize the cougar when I get back. The tbird has a blown motor, so I am going to use the front end on my cougar and take the heads to the machine shop... I bought the tbird for $200 2 days before I left just for the supercharger (it only has 3000mi on it). I should be back about Sept-Oct and wouldn't mind meeting some of the Tidewater locals.

P.S. My sig. says for sale but it isn't, I have to change that.

Yeah my girlfriend was complaining about her pay check yesterday since they took out about $110.00 Luckily for me I get paid every week so its a smaller check and they don't take as much. I'm not sure how it compares to Michigan.

Why is it that if I buy a TV its 5% tax, but if I buy a value meal at McDonalds there is 10% tax on it? Whats with that ****? I am still trying to figure out the tax system down here.

Back