Question on the tranny check balls..

v8killr

I'm in the middle of a tranny rebuild on a 90 AOD.
The problem i have is i bought the tranny and the rebuild kit off this site from the same person and most of the rebuild was done already so i didn't take it apart.He had all the check balls there but there seem to be a couple extra.I have a green check ball and four black left over.Now i have my 93 tranny here that i swapped some parts off of and looked at it and i didn't see a green check ball anywhere and all the others seemed to be where they where supposed to be.

I have the haynes manual for the car plus i bought a book today that covers just tranny rebuilds in case i needed it.In the book all the balls seem to be where they are supposed to be also,but it don't make any sense.Now there are the two little springs that are in the valve body that look like they should have balls on top of them but when i took my 93 apart they didn't have any on them either.Now if these have to have check balls on them that would only leave me two black check balls left over plus the green one.I don't want to have to mess with this once it's in the car so anyone that has any knowledge on this please let me know if i'm wrong here.
Thank You,
Dave.

Someone has to know about this.I'm in the middle of the rebuild and need to get this tranny together tonite.
Thanks.

Back