Instrument Panel

bluecoupe5spd

I have a 94 SC 5 speed and I need to get to my gauge cluster to fix my boost gauge, but I can't get the instrument/dash cover off because of the little trigger on the steering column that lets the ignition key turn back from the on position. Does anyone know how to take it apart so I can remove that dash piece?

you should beable to lower the steering colume ...undo the bracket underneath..pretty simple on pre94-95 SC ..with the 94-94 cockpit design dash..i'm not too sure ...what's all involed ....dave

I'll tell you this...It can be taken off without dropping the column, although that might be something to try. I've been able to get mine off and on several times without breaking it, but it always scares me. It will flex the required amount. Removal is the easiest. Putting it back on is really difficult. I may in fact try the column next time I have to remove the trim piece, which is soon. I screwed up my speedo when replaced the odometer gear and now I have to re-calibrate it by re-installing the needle correctly.

Back