Im looking to do some upgrades msd ignition

MySCRocket1203

Im looking to do some upgrades

i have an 1990 thunderbird supercoupe its the anniv edition i bought it for my 18th brithday cuz i have good taste. how can i change the tourqe converter so it multiplie tourqe in 3rd adn 4th gear is it cheaper to buy a new one or can i get a kit and do it myself

Last edited:
MySCRocket1203 said:
i have an 1990 thunderbird supercoupe its the anniv edition i bought it for my 18th brithday cuz i have good taste. how can i change the tourqe converter so it multiplie tourqe in 3rd adn 4th gear is it cheaper to buy a new one or can i get a kit and do it myself

You have to buy a non locking converter to get torque multiplication in 3rd and 4th. Lentech sells one that works with the stock two shaft system. Most other brands require changing to a solid input shaft.

David

David Neibert said:
No problem, by the way...you don't need an MSD ignition system. The stock system is designed for forced induction and provides plenty of spark.

David

yeah i read that after i wrote my original post so i edited it for my second question ahaa the lentech stuff looks good btw i just googled it

I used to have the Lentech 12" non locking stock stall converter in my SC. I really liked it, and would reccomend it to anyone wanting more performance from an AOD without giving up gas mileage or generating alot of heat.

David

Back