is it possable to time these cars! cause i cant figure it out!

Daybirdsc

:( my car 94 t-bird sc acks like its out of time. ben this way ever since i was driving it and it backfired twice hard and shut down. need help bad please help anybody :confused:

any info would help!

The timing is controled by the EEC, so in other words the computer sets the timing. i am not saying you should do this, however un hooking the neg battery cable makes the computer forget. So it will have to relearn idea. And if it back fired. take it to auto zone and have them pull the codes.

Matt

Well, there's timing marks on the damper and a timing tab on the front cover so in theory you should be able to use a light on it to see where it is. Your light will have to be compatible with a multi-spark system.

Just for grins, one day I tried to get a look but couldn't see the marks with the belts, brackets and whatever else was there. It was hotter than hell that day so I didn't do much more than just take a couple of quick stabs at it, then said hell with it.

You won't be able to change ignition timing though, since that would require moving the crank sensor and they're not adjustable without modification. This would be moderately difficult and shouldn't be needed for an SC to run within specification anyway.

If it's acting like it's out-of-time ignition wise, I'd be suspecting a broken damper.

Back