91 v8 mn12 85k & toshiba tecra m2 laptop trade (MS)

thecure

alright dont really figure this will go anywhere, but i figure it never hurts to try. but ive listed this car a few times, but have not been offered anything i consider worth trading for. well its a 91 thunderbird 5.0 its got 85k miles and the transmission was FULLY rebuilt and has less than 3k on it, which has a 1 year/ 12k warranty from MR. TRANSMISSION. the car runs and drives EXCELLENT and smooth, but it is an old car and has a few areas that need attention. the air was converted to r134a and blows cold, but you do have to add a can of freon about every other week as it has a slow leak somewhere. the passenger side window does not work and i have not looked into why as it has never worked since ive owned it. the oil pan gasket needs to be replaced as it has a small oil leak, but i DO plan on having that fixed professionally as soon as my tax return comes in within the next week. the interior is rather nice, has a few cigarette holes from previous owner here and there. and a hole in the back seat about the size of a golf ball, but other than that the seats are very nice. and the dash has one crack in it that happened recently. radio works, but cassette doesnt. both power seats work and sunroof works, but it gets stuck sometimes ONLY because the little cover that closes is for some reason getting pushed against it. the paint on the car is rather good, but it does have MINOR damage to the front of the car from previous owner. (SEE PICS) the drivers side fender is dented up, and one small fold at the edge of the hood on drivers side. and the headlights need to be straightened up possibly replaced, i think they may have a broken tab or two. but if i kept the car i would replace them anyways as they dont look right beside the new clear corner lights. but the hood can EASILY be repaired and buy a new fender and headlights and it will look like a near perfect car. thats spending no more than around $100 depending on where you look. and ive found a white fender for $25 and headlights for $50, but i dont really want to spend anymore money on the car than i have too.

and i also have a brand new toshiba m2-s730 laptop i want to trade with the car. it is a $1600 laptop!

but i am open to just about any kind of trade. super coupe, turbo coupe, s10, silverado, grand prix, camaro, trans am, lemme know what you have, but really dont want to trade for another v8 thunderbird.

link to pics of the car:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thecu...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

here is a link to everything about the laptop:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cmod.to?seg=HHO&coid=-26376&sel=0&rcid=-26367&ccid=1291021

it is the ms-s730 laptop.

i would like to trade for something nice! please do not email me wanting to swap a vehicle that does not run or does not run good. no rust buckets, my car runs very good and i expect anything im gonna trade for to be the same. as i see it i figure everything is worth a little more than $3000 so i want to trade for something around that price range, maybe a little less depending on what you have.

but if you have ANY ?'s at all ask me and ill tell you, trying to be as honest as i can about the car.

my email is:
thecure39208@yahoo.com
and my yahoo IM is:
thecure39208

so anybody interested just lemme know!

jonathan

ALSO! I HAVE A SET OF G-FX JUST FOR THE DOORS OFF A 35TH ANNY SC COMING IN SHOULD BE NEXT WEEK WHEN I GET THEM, THAT I WILL SEND WITH THE CAR FOR FREE!

i will check in a little while, but i think i have 1 or 2 pics of the motor on a disc somewhere and the car is located in pearl, mississippi

I love my SC and I liked the Sports when they came out. I knew a woman that had a beautiful red one. Does the motor run good? Is it drivable the way it is now? I've done a lot of repairs to my SC since I got it. Rebuilt trans., new exhaust (cats, resonator and muffs), 10% od pulley, cold air intake. I just replaced the rack and pinion and outer tie rods. I've also done the dreaded head gaskets. Clear corners and bumper lettering.

Does your Sport get good gas mileage?I usually get between 300-350 on a tank with my SC.

Let me know if you want to see some pics. Mississippi is a good drive from here. I was hoping to find something a little closer, but if we do this, maybe we can meet half way or something like that.

David

yes the motor runs excellent on noise you really hear out of it is the whine of the power steering pump, it will drive anywhere and i would not be afraid to drive it out of state, but has not had anything done to it other than regular tune up stuff and the car is COMPLETELY stock including exhaust. and yes it gets good gas mileage for a v8. gas mileage is around the same as yours, but i have not checked it to give you an accurate amount. and yes id love to see pics if your interested

NCredSC said:
I love my SC and I liked the Sports when they came out. I knew a woman that had a beautiful red one. Does the motor run good? Is it drivable the way it is now? I've done a lot of repairs to my SC since I got it. Rebuilt trans., new exhaust (cats, resonator and muffs), 10% od pulley, cold air intake. I just replaced the rack and pinion and outer tie rods. I've also done the dreaded head gaskets. Clear corners and bumper lettering.

Does your Sport get good gas mileage?I usually get between 300-350 on a tank with my SC.

Let me know if you want to see some pics. Mississippi is a good drive from here. I was hoping to find something a little closer, but if we do this, maybe we can meet half way or something like that.

David

well the cd that i believe has the pic of the engine will not work for some reason, but ill try and get a pic and scan it within the next day or so if your still interested

Does the sport have the trac-lok rear end like the SC? My SC does have over 200,000 miles on it. I did put on new wires when I did the HGs and last summer put in new plugs (Autolite Dbl Plats). It also got refurbished injectors. I forgot to mention a ****kit was installed when I had the trans. work done. My worry is that I've got a lot of $$$ spent on this car and though it's not perfect, it is to me a nice car. It does need upper and lower control arm ball joints. I'll take some pics tomorrow to post.

it does not have the trac-lok rear........and also with that many miles how does it run? i assume its getting close to needing a rebuild possibly? also if we dont trade would you sell it out right and if so how much?

NCredSC said:
Does the sport have the trac-lok rear end like the SC? My SC does have over 200,000 miles on it. I did put on new wires when I did the HGs and last summer put in new plugs (Autolite Dbl Plats). It also got refurbished injectors. I forgot to mention a ****kit was installed when I had the trans. work done. My worry is that I've got a lot of $$$ spent on this car and though it's not perfect, it is to me a nice car. It does need upper and lower control arm ball joints. I'll take some pics tomorrow to post.

That sucks about the trac-lok. I really enjoy that on the SC. It does run really good for the miles on it and the mods I've done. When I did the HGs, I did have the heads cleaned, pressure tested and had new valve seals installed. I did a compression test last summer and they were all between 150 and 165. It does use a little oil, with that many miles, it's expected I think, but it doesn't smoke that I've noticed.

I've got over $4000 in the car, with the purchase price, trans. work, exhaust work, HGs job and a lot of misc. stuff.

It's hard to determine what it is actually worth though. What do you think your Sport is worth?

I'm still thinking about it, that's a long ride to change cars.

i feel the cars value is around $2000, even though i have around $3500 in the car, but not real sure what its actually worth, ive tried to sell it on here a few times, but everybody on here seems to think that unless its an SC its not worth over $500

NCredSC said:
That sucks about the trac-lok. I really enjoy that on the SC. It does run really good for the miles on it and the mods I've done. When I did the HGs, I did have the heads cleaned, pressure tested and had new valve seals installed. I did a compression test last summer and they were all between 150 and 165. It does use a little oil, with that many miles, it's expected I think, but it doesn't smoke that I've noticed.

I've got over $4000 in the car, with the purchase price, trans. work, exhaust work, HGs job and a lot of misc. stuff.

It's hard to determine what it is actually worth though. What do you think your Sport is worth?

I'm still thinking about it, that's a long ride to change cars.

Here are some old pics I found of it. The hood bra isn't on it now. I've touched up the black side molding. As you can see it has some paint chips on the front and rear bumper. The clearcoat is peeling on both as well and the spoiler is no longer on the car.

I feel like mine is worth at least $2000-$2500. Maybe closer to $2000, but they may be about equal in value. I figure the Alabama/Georgia would be about half way between us.

Is the Sport in good driving condition? I'm really leaning toward doing this so far. I wish I had the money to sink into the SC to fix it up, but we've got 3 kids and money isn't easy to come by for fixing it up right now.

Let me know what you think about the pics.

Oh, on the intake plenum on the Sport, does it have the 5.0 HO tag on it?

Attachments

• DCP00738.JPG
    DCP00738.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Thunderbird643.JPG
    Thunderbird643.JPG
    341.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Thunderbird646.JPG
    Thunderbird646.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Thunderbird645.JPG
    Thunderbird645.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 152
looks good enough to me, and yes the car is in good driving condition, but will need new brake pads soon. and it does have the HO tag on it. my front bumper does have quite a few nicks in paint i think you can tell from the pics. and i believe the only spots that might need paint is the front bumper and the driverside fender (when or if you would replace it) but i had found a white fender for like $25 + shipping a few weeks ago, but i didnt have the extra cash to go ahead and get it. also is your car leather interior? and hows the interior look? and does it have 4 wheel disc? my only has disc up front. and also something else you might want to check that has come to my attention. my car does obviously have the sport badge on the rear, but some people say they didnt have a sport in 91 and some people say they did, so im not real sure if its a real sport or not, but it does have the 5.0 HO engine, power windows, dual power seats NON-power locks (for what reason i dont know), power sunroof and all that good stuff

NCredSC said:
Here are some old pics I found of it. The hood bra isn't on it now. I've touched up the black side molding. As you can see it has some paint chips on the front and rear bumper. The clearcoat is peeling on both as well and the spoiler is no longer on the car.

I feel like mine is worth at least $2000-$2500. Maybe closer to $2000, but they may be about equal in value. I figure the Alabama/Georgia would be about half way between us.

Is the Sport in good driving condition? I'm really leaning toward doing this so far. I wish I had the money to sink into the SC to fix it up, but we've got 3 kids and money isn't easy to come by for fixing it up right now.

Let me know what you think about the pics.

Oh, on the intake plenum on the Sport, does it have the 5.0 HO tag on it?

thecure said:
looks good enough to me, and yes the car is in good driving condition, but will need new brake pads soon. and it does have the HO tag on it. my front bumper does have quite a few nicks in paint i think you can tell from the pics. and i believe the only spots that might need paint is the front bumper and the driverside fender (when or if you would replace it) but i had found a white fender for like $25 + shipping a few weeks ago, but i didnt have the extra cash to go ahead and get it. also is your car leather interior? and hows the interior look? and does it have 4 wheel disc? my only has disc up front. and also something else you might want to check that has come to my attention. my car does obviously have the sport badge on the rear, but some people say they didnt have a sport in 91 and some people say they did, so im not real sure if its a real sport or not, but it does have the 5.0 HO engine, power windows, dual power seats NON-power locks (for what reason i dont know), power sunroof and all that good stuff

The interior on mine is in good shape for a 91 I think. The drivers side outer bolster is worn, there is the smallest crack in the dash on the passenger side, that is barely noticeable and the headliner in the back is in need of repair. Other than that, I think it's pretty good and those raen't biggies to me. I keep a sheet on the drivers seat anyway, so I want get it dirty from work.

AS for if there was a Tbird sport in 91? I think there was. I'll do some checking, but it's no biggie if there wasn't. Ill get some pics of the interior to post. BTW< it's a grey tweed/leather or vinyl. I can't tell which, but other than the bolster, the seat are in good shape. I'll post a pic of the motor and the exhaust too. Here's my attempt at painting the bumper lettering. :D

Here's a link that says there was a 1991 Tbird sport. http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2041/

Attachments

• DCP01032.JPG
    DCP01032.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
well so far everything sounds good to me

NCredSC said:
The interior on mine is in good shape for a 91 I think. The drivers side outer bolster is worn, there is the smallest crack in the dash on the passenger side, that is barely noticeable and the headliner in the back is in need of repair. Other than that, I think it's pretty good and those raen't biggies to me. I keep a sheet on the drivers seat anyway, so I want get it dirty from work.

AS for if there was a Tbird sport in 91? I think there was. I'll do some checking, but it's no biggie if there wasn't. Ill get some pics of the interior to post. BTW< it's a grey tweed/leather or vinyl. I can't tell which, but other than the bolster, the seat are in good shape. I'll post a pic of the motor and the exhaust too. Here's my attempt at painting the bumper lettering. :D

Here's a link that says there was a 1991 Tbird sport. http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2041/

I couldn't get the pics to load right. :eek: Hope you can dodge those twisters. If we do this, when could you make the trip? I'm thinking either next Friday or Saturday. Friday might be easier for finding a notary.

Back