squeaky, whiny, screechy,springy???????

T@Sound-Xtreme

Hey guys i have those noises in my passenger side, and possible drivers side, but all i can mainly hear is the pass side. It does it at all times, when starting to go, stopping and of course when the car is "bouncing" , at bumps, its really damn loud and i cant take it anymore. Any ideas? i was thinking the ball joints? But it almost sounds liek a rusty spring, or something weird.

Tyler

That was the exact noise my 92 bird was making when my lower ball joint decided to break, in turn it bent my swaybar and left me stranded. Also, same noise on my new 94 SC (got that fixed). I will bet its your ball joint, trust me, be pro-active on this one. You don't want it to break while you're going anything above 10 mph. Get it replaced A.S.A.P.

Just for reference, mine did the squeaky, whiny, screechy, springy noise when going over bumps, when turning, entering driveways...etc. If it does it while you're turning, you can rule out springs/shocks.

-Trey

yup does it while turning, should i just get the whole arm or is that only for the Uppers? somewhere i read it was easier to replace the damn "arm"? rather than just the ball joint itself? Rock auto has good prices. ANy help is greatly appreacited

Tyler

You don't have a choice on the upper ball joints. The control arm and ball joint are sold as an assembly. The lowers can be pressed out and replaced, but it's easier to get the whole arm that comes with ball joints and lower shock mount bushing.

Back