Mark VIII A arm removal help

metalman

I need help ASAP please,

I found a Mark VIII at a junk yard and I tried to get the rear A arms off today. But 1 bolt and the air bag suspension stopped me. The rotor housing (for lack of a better word) is bolted to the control arms with three bolts, 1 at 12 o'clock to the upper control arm and two (at 9 and 6 o'clock) to the A arm. Those two bolts have a star head on one side and a nut on the other. Well, the head of the star side is SO HUGE that it hits the half shaft making it IMPOSSIBLE to remove and thus remove the rotor house and half shafts.

When I removed my pumpkin over the summer, I removed the halfshafts and rotor housing. On the SC, the bolts to the A arm are just normal bolts. Not these HUGE HEADED star bolts.

How do you remove these star bolts and...
My general question is- How do you remove the A arms?

Also- Do you know how to bleed the air out of the air bag suspension?
They were still under pressure. How do you remove them safely

I would like to try to get these tomorrow

Thanks a bunch!

Metalman

metalman said:
Also- Do you know how to bleed the air out of the air bag suspension?
They were still under pressure. How do you remove them safely?

I would like to try to get these tomorrow

Thanks a bunch!

Metalman

Grab the solenoid on the side of the bag at the top and rotate it. Not sure which direction. It has two steps: rotate, pull down to first stop, rotate again and pull down. This will release the air. You can also cut the air lines, then get a 12 volt battery and unplug the solenoid harness and put a wire on each terminal which will power the solenoid releasing the air.

Mike Donley

Back