Bird like sound....?????

darkautmn

Just recently I started hearing a bird like sound while I am driving. It is like something is unoiled and turning round and round and tweeting like a bird. I don't know what it is and I couldn't figure it out at all... I was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this or if anyone had any ideas.

Also I have this problem with my car: http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182896-1.html

I was wondering if anyone knoew how I could fix it. It is so anoying. Do I need to replace the whole alternator? And what exactly is a diode?

If anyone who knows a lot about SCs can look at my car personally I would be so happy. I live in Gwinnet county, GA.

I really love this car and I have put so much into it already... I want to transform it into something beautiful.

darkautmn said:
Just recently I started hearing a bird like sound while I am driving. It is like something is unoiled and turning round and round and tweeting like a bird. I don't know what it is and I couldn't figure it out at all... I was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this or if anyone had any ideas.

Also I have this problem with my car: http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182896-1.html

I was wondering if anyone knoew how I could fix it. It is so anoying. Do I need to replace the whole alternator? And what exactly is a diode?

If anyone who knows a lot about SCs can look at my car personally I would be so happy. I live in Gwinnet county, GA.

I really love this car and I have put so much into it already... I want to transform it into something beautiful.

is your car 5spd? cuz mine makes a "tweet" sound once when i switch from 1st to 2nd gear SOMETIMES, not so much after hte short shifter but ya. thas all i can say for now :confused:

Brakes or tensioners

If you only hear the noise while you are moving then it could be your brake pads causing the rotors to chirp.
If you hear it when the car is standing still with the engine running that it could be a belt tensioner or the bearings in the alternator.
It depends where it is coming from and when.
As for the whine in your radio it could be a bad ground at the radio, amplifiers, or antenna.
It can also be a bad diode in the alternator. The only way to fix a bad diode is to either have your alternator repaired or replaced.
Good luck!
Bill
(edit: bad spelling)

bird noise....

My 1995 LX makes the same noise... I know exactly what you are talking about. Mine also almost gets like a running water sound with it or something strange like that. I was thinking at first like maybe it was the heater fan bearings going out, but with the air controls all off it still makes the sound and it is mostly heard on my car when sitting still with the engine running. While the car is moving you can't really hear it because the road noise is louder than the "bird" noise. The "bird" noise isn't so much a "chirping" as much as it is... as it is... well... a f*@$'ing bird noise. I have yet to figure it out, and I have never been able to hear it at home in the driveway where I could pop the hood and tell if it is an underhood noise or not. In the car it is a distint, but somewhat faint noise coming from what sounds like in the dash.

Blower motor

If the noise is coming from under your dash on the passenger side it could be the blower motor.
It's impossible to diagnose without actually hearing it.

Regarding the radio noise, you could have a bad noise suppression capacitor. It is held on by one of the four screws for the coil pack.
I agree with blue94sc that the blower motor could cause the chirping sound. Check whether you hear it only when the blower is turned on.

How do I only turn on the blower? I think I found out the chirping noise though. When I replaced the air compressor with a part that I pulled from another t-bird... I pulled a 5 groove insted of a 6 groove thus wearing out my belts and causing my water pump to go bad. I think the waterpump is where the sound is comming from... the repair just costs too much at the moment and I have not the experience to do it myself. I will definately have a look at the blower though. Thankyou. ^_^

J.D. said:
Regarding the radio noise, you could have a bad noise suppression capacitor. It is held on by one of the four screws for the coil pack.
I agree with blue94sc that the blower motor could cause the chirping sound. Check whether you hear it only when the blower is turned on.

Depress the VENT button on the climate control panel and then change the fan speed using the rotary switch or the lever (depending on whether you have manual or automatic climate control). The chirping sound from the fan behind the glove box may be more noticeable when the fan starts or stops spinning, so try switching between VENT and OFF a few times.

Back