removing the IC boot

rzimmerl

removing the ic boot

i did a search for this today but came up empty handed. i have my double ic ready to install but my car is still in storage and i am trying to get a heads up on how to remove this when i put the ic in the car

Its held on with about a dozen plastic feathered type pins.. just pull the pins out and take the boot off. :) I don't recall if they go in from the front side or the back.

When you remove the stock intercooler, just pull the rubber bellows off the mounting brackets and toss it. There may be a couple screws, but it's real easy to remove. You may also need to cut a little off the boot mounting bracket that is attached to the radiator to provide clearance for the thicker IC end tank. I cut about 1/2" off mine the width of the intercooler and put some edging on cut edge to keep it from rubbing against the IC.

It is also helpful to move the radiator towards the passenger side about 1/4" to keep the intercooler from hitting the top tank of the radiator under hard acceleration. I had a brass tank radiator, and don't know if the plastic tanks need clearance.

David

Back