Mark VIII 80mm MAF

sizemoremk

Hey guys, I have an 80MM MAF here from a 95 Mark VIII.

I got this a few months ago, but never got the plumbing to make it fit to my filter and such. I now have a C&L MAF and 42lb injectors, so I no longer need this.

I removed the flange and ridges on the outside, as was going to be required for my setup. I used and angle grinder and a dremel tool. Not the prettiest, but should work nicely.

How about $60...

Let me know if you are interested!

80MAF.JPG

Thanks!

Last edited:
titanium89scguy said:
im intrested but will it bolt up to the stock airbox till i get a intake?

You migt could rig it up to fit... but not as is, opening is much bigger, there may be a aftermaret filter that will bolt right ot it.. Or you could get creative with some couplers at home depot....

Thanks!

i just bought a 80mm mark viii MAF, and installed it in my SC. My SC ran MUCH smoother, and it just felt like it picked up 20 ft lbs torque in the mids and top end- and a ton more wheelspin in 1st and some in 2nd. mine was bolted directly to the stock airbox, and i did have to get a 3" plumbing coupler from home depot to connect with my 3" home made intake tube.

i am very pleased with the increased performance, i think whoever buys this will like it alot.

I just went out and looked at the stock airbox, and it has the same diameter opening as the intrance of the maf, so it looks like to me that a coupler at home depot would allow for this to be bolted on, but the stock rubber TB to MAF tube will need to be adapted with a reducer to the 80mm MAF.

Thanks!

hytorksc said:
i just bought a 80mm mark viii MAF, and installed it in my SC. My SC ran MUCH smoother, and it just felt like it picked up 20 ft lbs torque in the mids and top end- and a ton more wheelspin in 1st and some in 2nd. mine was bolted directly to the stock airbox, and i did have to get a 3" plumbing coupler from home depot to connect with my 3" home made intake tube.

i am very pleased with the increased performance, i think whoever buys this will like it alot.

I'm glad to hear that worked well for you. I didn't even think about a hose, I probably have the hose that connected it to the Mark VIII tube in my car laying around here somewhere still that would have worked for you. You can cut the flange a little to bolt it to a stock air box though yes. You have to angle the bottom right to match the box and then cut off the top right ear and drill a new hole in the flange. That is what I had done when I did the engine swap in my car and is what I just sent to hytorksc.

4 cam bird said:
I'm glad to hear that worked well for you. I didn't even think about a hose, I probably have the hose that connected it to the Mark VIII tube in my car laying around here somewhere still that would have worked for you. You can cut the flange a little to bolt it to a stock air box though yes. You have to angle the bottom right to match the box and then cut off the top right ear and drill a new hole in the flange. That is what I had done when I did the engine swap in my car and is what I just sent to hytorksc.

4 cam bird,

if you still have the hose, would you be willing to send it to me if i pay postage?

that maf was the best thing i have ever bought for my SC.

Back