SC driveshaft swap???!!!???

Mercury267

I have heard that the 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII drive shaft is a one piece alumn. driveshaft that will work in my car (1994 SC). I have an AOD tranny, but am converting to a 5-speed tranny. Will the 1993 Mark VIII drive shaft only work with the AOD trans, the 5 spd trans, or both. I don't want to pick one up now if it isn't anything I can use in the furure. If it will not work with the 5 speed trans, might anyone know of a ONE PIECE alumn. driveshaft that will work?

Please email me or PM me if you may have any info on this.

Thank you,

~Mercy

The Mark VIII shaft will ONLY work with the automatic. You can get an aluminum balanced drive shaft for the M5R2 tranny, but you will need to search for it. The autos and manuals have different length driveshafts.

Alu. shaft......!

TCCOA has a group buy going on over there!!! All trans and years involved, saw it yesterday, good price as well, cheers, W.L. Oh, and the White Lightning over there is not me!

A drive line shop can cut, weld, and balance the drive shaft for a 5 spd. The place I used here charged me $181 to do that. I found the driveshaft for $75 at a local junk yard.

Like stated earlier it needs cut about 5 inches shorter. Local driveline shop quoted me at $50 to have it cut and balanced.

Shane

Has to be cut & balanced [1.25" i think] to fit your auto, too;
the SC auto driveshaft is shorter than 4.6

Back