PDA

View Full Version : 95 Mark VIII rear and the 95 T-bird rear...

Mercury267
03-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Seeing as the rear is the same in the 1995 Mark VIII as the 1995 Thunderbird, but it has a 3.27 gear, is the complete rear set up from the Mark VIII including upper and lower rear control arms bolt directly into the Thunderbird... and are all the control arms alumn.???

That is probably a much better question.

Thank you,

Mercy Jantz

[email protected]

[email protected]

Randy N Connie
03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Yes the bolt on.

BUT you need to build a spring-perch for the lower control arm.
The spring-perch replaces the airbag to hold spring in the center
of the Mach VIII lower control arm.

And the nut and bolt that go's into the front of the lower control arm
is not being sold any longer by FORD.

NUT PART NUMBER N805646-S161
BOLT #N805467-S160

And you may need this nut and bolt.Because you will have to cut the others
off to remove the lower control arm.

GOOD LUCK.I just put mine back together stock.Because I could nut remove
the nut without cutting it off.I am glad I found out that FORD no longer
sell this nut before cuting mine up.

THANKS RANDY

quick35th
03-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Randy,

You actually do not need to build a spring-perch for the lower controling arms. The springs fit right in and there is no threat of the springs coming out.

Only the diff and lower arms are aluminum on the Mark8s.

I sure hope that I still can get the bolt and nut from somewhere. When I bought my Mark8 stuff the guy only had the bolt and nut for just one arm. When converting to the Mark8 ams and diff you need to use the Mark8 bolt and nut as the are of a different length and are alittle more beefyer than the ones on the SC.

Mark8 diff has 3:08s in it and is an open diff.

Shane

Mercury267
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
I would much rather have the t-loc and 3.27 gears from the SC, but really I am going to have the rear done before it is installed anyway. So adding some type of "posi", if you will, and a set of gears is just going to have to be the way I go. I don't want to pass up the alumn. rear for the sake of instantly gaining the t-loc and gears. besides the SC rear already has 144K miles on it, and I's rather use a 373 gear anyway.

I am torn, but I think I really feel that the alumn. rear is a better choice to start with.

I hope I am right about that.

seawalkersee
04-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Which bolts are the ones you speak of from the Mark VIII? I pushed my LX bolts throught and they fit perfectly.

I have been talking to a guy from a company called Windser for blot products. They are in the fastener business. I am going to wait until I get the replacement bolts for my (poorly made) aftermarket hood and then post picks and see if I can get him some business. I will try to find the web site to maybee help you guys out.

Chris

quick35th
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Which bolts are the ones you speak of from the Mark VIII? I pushed my LX bolts throught and they fit perfectly.

Chris

Chris,

I am almost possitive these are the bolts Randy is talking about. I need two more of them. If anyone has them I will gladly buy them.

Shane

Randy N Connie
04-01-2005, 11:20 PM
The nut is 41mm very large.And it has a black platic cap on the nut.
This bolt and nut is the same on all birds,MACH VIII,

I now have one nut & bolt.So if the other side will come off I may be
able to do the job.I will find out in the morning.Then I can cut the
one thats stuck off.

The bolt that bolt the lower control arm to the nuckle are different length
for the MACH VIII lower control arm and the steel lower control arm on
the bird.The Mach VIII bolts are shorter.I have these bolt from the
MACH VIII.

Randy

quick35th
04-02-2005, 01:09 AM
The bolt that bolt the lower control arm to the nuckle are different length
for the MACH VIII lower control arm and the steel lower control arm on
the bird.The Mach VIII bolts are shorter.I have these bolt from the
MACH VIII.

Randy

What Randy is talking about is what I post a pic of. My bad :D

Randy,

Does Ford still sell these bolts? I need two bolts and two nuts to complete the set. I only have enough for one side.

Shane

seawalkersee
04-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Well, the ones that are off of the bird fit the Mark arm and have enough to make the knuckle fit as well. I know cause mine is sitting like that in the garage.

Chris

Scott Long
04-02-2005, 11:38 AM
For automatic SC's, you might could (lol) snag the aluminum driveshaft assuming the 4R70w and AOD are the same length from the tail shaft to the rear end yoke.

racecougar
04-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Randy,

You actually do not need to build a spring-perch for the lower controling arms. The springs fit right in and there is no threat of the springs coming out.

Shane

When I first installed the aluminum rear control arms in my XR7, I didn't have the perches. While the springs wouldn't be able to pop out, they would still be able to move around a bit. Needless to say, I didn't drive it like that. Plus, it doesn't cost that much to have a set of perches made:

http://members.tccoa.com/racecougar/spring%20perches.jpg

-Rod

quick35th
04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Rod,

Where did you get those perches made and how much did they cost you? Could where you had yours made make me a set as well?

Shane

racecougar
04-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Shane,

There was a GP for them over at tccoa awhile back. Click here to see the thread. (http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=37415&highlight=spring+perches)

I'm not sure if they will make anymore or not.

-Rod

quick35th
04-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Rod,

Yeah I have seen that thread on the tccoa before. I just thought that the ones from the tccoa looks differently from the ones that you posted. Thanks!

Shane

seawalkersee
04-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Nope, those are the ones...I have two sets.

Chris