supercharger problem

tbirdtony

i checked my supercharger fluid yesterday and noticed i was below the threads. on closer examination it appeared to be quite abit low so i went to ford and purchased the 20$ bottle of supercharger fluid i think its 4or 5ozs. i started to fill the supercharger up and it took the whole bottle to fill.the next day idrove the car to work and when i parked and opened my door i smelled a real nasty odor. i opened the hood and i saw supercharger fluid had leaked down on the water pump and all over the cam pos. sensor. does this mean i need a supercharger rebuild? THE CAR HAS 100,000 ORIG. MILES.whats up?

tbirdtony said:
i checked my supercharger fluid yesterday and noticed i was below the threads. on closer examination it appeared to be quite abit low so i went to ford and purchased the 20$ bottle of supercharger fluid i think its 4or 5ozs. i started to fill the supercharger up and it took the whole bottle to fill.the next day idrove the car to work and when i parked and opened my door i smelled a real nasty odor. i opened the hood and i saw supercharger fluid had leaked down on the water pump and all over the cam pos. sensor. does this mean i need a supercharger rebuild? THE CAR HAS 100,000 ORIG. MILES.whats up?

First, next time get your fluid from a Chevy dealer. It's much cheaper, maybe $6 a bottle. Now, where was the leak coming from? The plug to add fluid or the snout seal or where? The snout seals do go bad and they aren't expensive to replace, if that's where it is leaking from.

Back