Camshaft Sensor Removal

Umm... the cam sensor isn't by the oil pump. Its the black hockey puck looking thing just below the blower snout.. 2 6.5mm bolts hold it on. You need to remove the blower belt and be careful not to drop the bolts. :)
Oh wait, if you're talking about the housing that holds the cam sensor, there should be 1 tamperproof torx bolt holding it on. You either have to drill out the nib in the middle and use a normal torx bit, or slot it, or knock it around with a screwdriver and hammer to remove it.

Last edited:
Yeh, I am trying to take the shaft out because I took the whole motor apart. I didn't align the sensor just right and need to take it back out. I already removed the tampered resistant torx bit t-40. What do I need to do?

I take it you have the blower off so now you want to pull staight up while turning it from side to side it will then come right out.

They tend to get a little gummed up but pull hard and twist it will come out as long as the hold down bolt is out.

gtpcoop said:
it is not coming out. My manual says to pull it right out but for some reason it won't

It's like a distributor and has an oring around the portion of the housing that goes into the timing cover, so it fits pretty snug. You may need to get a large screwdriver or something similar to pry it up a little.

David

Back