how hard is it to change out a wheel bolt?

89_Red_Xr7

A while ago I was getting ready to go to the track and was mounting my drag tires, but one of the rear wheel bolts snapped off when I was torquing it down.
The rear suspension of the car will already be torn apart for bushings and I have extra bolts that I can salvage from my parts car. But to get the bolt in/out of the hub, what will i need? A press?

Thanks
Andrew

When I was getting tires rotated on my mark vii, one of the rear wheel studs was stripped... I watched the tech replace it.

He used a small sledge type hammer and after about 5 or 6 hits, it popped out. Installed the new stud using some washers and a lugnut to press it in.

I did a front one in like 3 minutes. Just tap out the old one with a hammer, spin the hub around till you can access the hole through the back. Then put your new one in as far as it will go, put a lug nut on it and then turn the nut till it pulls the stud through. Then put your wheel back on.

I failed tech too cuz the tire shop broke one off and didn't tell me. They just put my cap back on and let me go.

Depends if you broke yours on the front or the rear. I broke two on the rear and had to have the spendle pressed out cause the studs were hitting hub assembly.

Back