Seized Motor??

91_SC_BIRD

Well I guess I drove to far on my blown headgaskets. I drove to a friends house, then left (started fine) went to DQ walked out, the engine barely turned over once :mad:. Tried again, didn't even turn over once.... Try boosting it to see if it would turn over... just a click. The engine was running fine (except detonation at idle) like 10 mins before trying to start again. I'm assuming the motor seized? Any ideas??

Luckely I wasn't too far from my place, so I had my 3 roomates push it home about 2 kms lol

Attachments

• Picture 002(1).jpg
    Picture 002(1).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
91_SC_BIRD said:
Well I guess I drove to far on my blown headgaskets. I drove to a friends house, then left (started fine) went to DQ walked out, the engine barely turned over once :mad:. Tried again, didn't even turn over once.... Try boosting it to see if it would turn over... just a click. The engine was running fine (except detonation at idle) like 10 mins before trying to start again. I'm assuming the motor seized? Any ideas??

Luckely I wasn't too far from my place, so I had my 3 roomates push it home about 2 kms lol

I blew my HG's and it shut off, so like a dummy, I tried to restart it, and I bent 3 rods. When you blow your HG"s, many times the cylinders fill with coolant, which most of us know is not compresable. So there you have it. You probably did the same thing I did. I just did a full rebuild.

91BLOWNSC said:
I blew my HG's and it shut off, so like a dummy, I tried to restart it, and I bent 3 rods. When you blow your HG"s, many times the cylinders fill with coolant, which most of us know is not compresable. So there you have it. You probably did the same thing I did. I just did a full rebuild.

Thats rough! I was thinking, where I am right now, it would probably be easier to get a 4.2 block. From what I'm reading I can use the block and take my SC heads and slap them on (I know it gets a bit more involved). Does that sound like a good idea?

If you can get the block in there, and the crank sensor hooks up to your harness, and your heads bolt on, the rest of the supercharger stuff will work. Problems would be oil pan (swap yours?), I guess you could use your balancer and timing cover on the 4.2 if it fits, then your crank sensor will work. Other wise you gotta see how the water pump is on there, and then if your brackets mount up, and then the ultimate question, how strong is the bottom end? Will it hold up to the 15 psi of boost?

Scott Long said:
If you can get the block in there, and the crank sensor hooks up to your harness, and your heads bolt on, the rest of the supercharger stuff will work. Problems would be oil pan (swap yours?), I guess you could use your balancer and timing cover on the 4.2 if it fits, then your crank sensor will work. Other wise you gotta see how the water pump is on there, and then if your brackets mount up, and then the ultimate question, how strong is the bottom end? Will it hold up to the 15 psi of boost?

I know that you need to use the 3.8 timing cover, and I think you need a mustang oil pan... From what I've read, the bottom end seems to be strong enough, some of the mustang guys with 4.2 blocks put down some really good numbers with the stock bottom end....

Back