Quickest SC with just bolt on parts

blackout50

What are the quickest times being run with just bolt on parts?
No internal engine mods.
What are the bolt ons that make the biggest gains in performance?

I believe it would be userid "Jake" in florida. Completely stock internal motor running a AR supercharger and no nitrous.

334.71 rwhp and 376.43 torque at 5700 rpm
and
1/4 ... 13.199 and MPH ... 103.30

Not bad at all. Didn't someone go 12's with stock heads and cam? I know Kurt K got 13.50's before he blew his headgaskets racing a yellow MR2 at Gateway. If he had an AR back then it would have ran 12's I'm pretty sure.

With an M90 & many (if not all) bolt on's & stock heads/cam you can hit 13's. There a few of us that did it. I hit 14.0 with Street tire & stock IC like 2 summers ago. Had a lot of other bolt on's though.

Anthony

Mine is a bone stock 93 5spd .I have to put some gears in that thing.What else should be priority on my list?

I'm getting some perculation in the overflow so HGs are first...

Depends on how much money you have. ... Do a complete intake. MAF, TUBE, TB, INLET/BLOWER. That's take care of your air intake.

Don't forget while doing that, be sure to put 255 Fuel Pump, Injectors & Chip.

Then you can always get a FMIC.

Then once everything is bolted in place, save some cash, unbolt it again & slap on a set of Steg's Head/Cam combo. ...

And of course there's always plumbing to be done for the nitrous lines.

And Then.. ... Ahh, let me know when get here.

Anthony

Woops. .... I just assumed it was stock meant that an exhaust is on there. :rolleyes: ... Your right, that's what comes first. .. Then you can go through the motions of the bolt ons I mentioned. .. But as we know, Exhaust comes just after the first oil change.

Anthony

blackout50 said:
Whats a bigger restriction exhaust or intake system?

I'd say the bigger restriction is the definitely the exhaust. Personally, i would do head gaskets, intake and exhaust first, then worry about fuel system and nitrous later. I wouldn't even bother spending the money on a new SC right now, if the one you have works, i'd stick with it until it breaks.
I've got a stock '93 5-speed and that's that way i'm planning it. I'll wait a while on the fuel system so i can do full suspension and dual piston calipers and maybe some drilled/slotted rotors too.

blackout50 said:
Ok exhaust 1st.Start at front or back.Ie headers or mufflers or other??
I don't want it loud !!

I'm not sure what headers will do to the sound, but the stock ones are very restrictive. I read an article about how a guys meaured the restriction of different exhaust methods and his suggestion was 2 1/2" dual exhaust from the headers back. I'm planning headers w/ 2 1/2" dual to two high-flow cats, and two borla mufflers. I hope it's not too loud. But the way the exhaust is now, there are 2 cats, then one res. out of the resonator comes one pipe then to a y pipe to two mufflers. the middle resonator and pipe are the most restrictive.

It seems like we're in the same boat here, Send me a private message or e-mail me at Porabowl8@aol.com. I gotta run. see ya.

Yeah I did!!!Thats what made me think of what my buddy said. :D

I have a set of 3.55s and they were free so they are going in.I have the Ford Pinion depth tool also so its a given!

the exhaust side of the head is what kills the power look for the head pictures split in half you can see it , it is way to small i used stock exhaust manifolds i honed out the exhaust side of my heads behind the valves and wow it rips , i wanna take them back off and hone some more

I ran a 13.66 @ 102.23mph last year with a poor 2.179 60' time with just MP bolt ons. I added some stuff over the winter, so hopefully 12s are in the future. This is with no nitrous.

Hey nitrous is a bolt on..Keep that in mind!

Then again so are heads....

Hey so lets arguw about what a bolt on consists of?

Back