HEGO sensor!

matteo

I recently pulled codes on my SC and got three stored codes all relating to the heated exhaust gas oxygen sensor. Now, I could research the HEGO and figure out what it is, where it is, what it does, what is wrong with mine, and much more. But I figured I’d go straight to the gurus.

Now I recently did a head gasket job, and I'm new to working on cars (I picked a SC to be my first project :D ) and it was my first time doing a major job on the car. And seeing as I forgot to connect half of the vacuum lines, an O2 sensor, and even the exhaust… I may have messed the HEGO up too.

I cleared out the stored codes, but if it comes back up, I have no idea where to start. So can you guys school me on my HEGOs? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
NCredSC said:
Did you replace both sensors?

I didn’t replace either, but the are both connected. I’m getting a completely new exhaust system in a couple weeks, you think I should replace them then? or leave them and see if the problem returns with my new cats?

replace the O2 sensors

replace them since you did a head gasket change they might have gotten anti freeze on the or they got bumped it happens you can try replaceing one at a time that way it won't cost so much. they are $45 a piece at autozone.

Back