What the flying #$%^

tim

Ok so I went to the opening of the track. First round.13.9?? Let some air out of the tires spinning all the way thru first and second. 14.1. Put the tires down to 15 lbs. and spun thru first and part on second 14.2. Now of course I get to go backwards at the start of the year. Last year I had a bst of 13.5 and the car hooked right up with 28 lbs in the tires. This thing drives me nuts. Well I will see in a couple of weeks after I make a few more mods if I can get it back down. It really isnt making more power so who knows? I know I need it needs a retune cause it even smells pig rich. The joys of owning a S.C. :rolleyes:

boost leak? I can't remember how leaky the intercooler piping is on the SC, but if I wouldn't doubt a boost leak or something of that matter....

Mike I think you got it right. The air is starting to warm a little but the ground is still really cold. I just couldnt get the tires hot enough to hook up. Car was making plenty of power but wheel spin was a problem. I dont think I have a boost leak it went right up and stayed there just not good traction. I will give it a try again when I get my underdrive pulleys on, by then it should be a little warmer.

I had the same problem my 1st few weeks this season. I couldn't get any traction even with the MT's all thru March. My 60' times were terrible in the 2.1's. I think it was a combination of cold track and cold tires. Finally last weekend I switched to the BFGDR's, launched a little less aggressively and got my 60's back into the low 1.9's again. A few runs would have been 12.9's except I had to back out early to not breakout on a 13.1 dial in. I wonder if driving to the track on the BFG's warms them up, softens them, and gives them better traction?

I drove up with the tires on the car. The cold air let the car make a lot of power but I just couldnt hook. They repaved the track too. I would guess that had something to do with it too. There was no rubber down on it yet. It really is looking better. They made the lanes 10 feet wider and put up new concrete barriers. Paved the pits, all sorts of stuff. The old track is really looking good. I figure in a couple of weeks it should be a lot better with a combo of warmer and some rubber down on the new surface. Last year with the same tires I had no traction problems at all. :)

Tim,

What was your MPH going thru the traps compared to last year ? Up, down or about the same ?

It sounds like the track surface just needs to get some rubber down. Meanwhile set the pressure at about 15 pounds and burn the tires thru 2nd gear to get them good and hot. Also have someone watch your burnout to make sure both tires are spinning.

David

My trap was 99.9 right on last year. I think with the cold and new track it really took its toll on my traction. I went outside today to see about taking my no working driving lights off. Of course they are all rusted on. I may get rid of the horns too. Dont really need them. :)

99.9 isn't a bad trap for 13.9....atleast I don't think so =p Then again I used to run 15.1 and trap 88mph =p So anything over that is fast to me.

If I could have got a little grip 99.5 usually get me at 13.5-6. I have a few things I want to do to maybe get into the 12.99 range. i have all season to do it. :)

Back