Crank but no fire

Melon

SCCoA Member
Just got done with swapping Superchargers (94/95 to MPII) and upgrading to 50# injectors. Got the chip in the EEC to make things work right, turn the key and just cranks but won't actually start. Tried it both with the chip in and out - same story. Ran codes and here's what I got:

15 (O) - EEC (PCM) Read Only Memory (ROM) test failed
15 (C) - Power Interruption to comuter memory or EEC (PCM) Keep Alive Memory (KAM) test failed

82 (O) - Air diverter solenoid circuit fault or supercharger bypass circuit fault

The SC Bypass - that's the black thing that goes between the inlet plenum and other plenum, right?

Anyone have any thoughts? XR7 Dave?

-Andy "Melon"

Check the fuse under the hood I think its the 20 amp but there is only 2 but one is for memory. The other thing is on the computer itself alot of people have problems cleaning the prongs good enough. Dave your turn?
By the way Dave, I hope you dont mind that I tell people to contact you for a blower upgrade as I love what you are doing and if I ever get my car straighted out I will be getting ahold of you for a little black upgrade myself ;)

Crank Sensor

Hey,

A kid in town here owns a 89 SC had a starting problem for the longest time, would fire but wouldnt start and he replaced the crank sensor and that fixed the problem. Maybe look in that area? just a thought

Patrick McGivern

Red 92 5spd True Dual X pipe, Mach I fiberglass hood

...Code 82 (O) - Air diverter solenoid circuit fault or supercharger bypass circuit fault
The SC Bypass - that's the black thing that goes between the inlet plenum and other plenum, right?

-Andy "Melon"

Did you ever resolve the Code 82?
Thanks,
Chris

Back