5% Jackshaft + 10 Rib?

68COUGAR

Has anybody used an alum. 5% jackshaft pulley with a 10 rib conversion? From what I understand, with the 10 rib conversion, the jackshaft pulley has to be machined for the 2 extra belt ribs. Can the alum. 5% jackshaft pulley be machined for the extra 2 ribs?

68COUGAR

I bought my ESM jackshaft already with the ten ribs..WHat needed to be machined was my crank pulley for an extra rib

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I bought my ESM jackshaft already with the ten ribs..WHat needed to be machined was my crank pulley for an extra rib
Is the ESM jackshaft stock size or 5%? I would like a 5% jackshaft, so I can go with a 5% SC pulley. I currently have a 10% SC pulley & may be experiencing belt slippage.

Did you have a stock crank pulley machined, or an under-drive pulley? I already have UD's.

THANX!!!!!

68COUGAR

Dammit Mark, I just bought a 10% pulley for my 90. I would have held out and bought yours if you got a new jackshaft and 5% on your XR-7. Oh well, maybe Glaske would be interested in your pulley. adamrg311@hotmail.com

He still has his 35th as far as I know but he is always driving his new GMC 4x4 pickup and he was talking about painting his 35th and selling it. I hope he keeps it, I mean c'mon a pickup truck. Those are only good for hauling parts and broken cars :D

With a 5% SC and a 5% JS you should be ok. Making the large diameter larger on the jackshaft will create more belt surface area.

SCP makes the small diameter on the jackshaft smaller.
SCI makes the large diameter larger.

I'm not sure if anyone else does make a 5% jackshaft pulley.

ESM 5% Quick Change?????

David Neibert said:
Mark,
My ESM 10 rib jackshaft pulley is 10% overdrive. I don't think they ever offered a 5%. David
(1) I guess I need to talk to Wade to see if he can make a 5% 10 Rib Quick Change SC pulley.
(2) I need to find out if the SCI 5% Jackshaft pulley can be machined for 10 rib.

Dave, the 10 rib system is only between the SC & Jackshaft, right? OR is there also a 10 Rib belt from the crank to jackshaft?

I've heard (thought not confirmed) that in the 10 rib conversion, the CRANK pulley has to be machined. Would that be an OEM crank pulley, or can a crank Underdrive Pulley be machined for 10 Rib?

I've read all I can find on the 10 rib conversion, and am more confused now than before I read about it.

Dave, is your 10 rib jackshaft pulley a machined OEM pulley, or an aluminum aftermarket? If alum. pulley, which one, ESM or SCI?

68COUGAR

Last edited:
68COUGAR said:
(1) I guess I need to talk to Wade to see if he can make a 5% 10 Rib Quick Change SC pulley.
(2) I need to find out if the SCI 5% Jackshaft pulley can be machined for 10 rib.

Dave, the 10 rib system is only between the SC & Jackshaft, right? OR is there also a 10 Rib belt from the crank to jackshaft?

I've heard (thought not confirmed) that in the 10 rib conversion, the CRANK pulley has to be machined. Would that be an OEM crank pulley, or can a crank Underdrive Pulley be machined for 10 Rib?

I've read all I can find on the 10 rib conversion, and am more confused now than before I read about it.

Dave, is your 10 rib jackshaft pulley a machined OEM pulley, or an aluminum aftermarket? If alum. pulley, which one, ESM or SCI?

68COUGAR

Mark,

The 10 rib belt is only between the supercharger and the jackshaft pulley. The ESM (billet aluminum) pulley is machined to accept a 7 rib belt for the jackshaft to crank pulley. I haven't felt the need to have my polished March underdrive crank pulley remachined to accept the 7 rib belt, so I'm still using a stock 6 rib belt.

I'm only tearing up the jackshaft belt about twice a year, so it easier just to change belts when I tear most of the ribs off. So long as I only overdrive it 23% the jackshaft belts holds up real well. It's when I use the smallest supercharger pulley and overdrive 26% that the jackshaft belt starts loosing ribs. If your only overdriving 10% total, the 6 rib belt will work fine.

David

BTW, I have a spare stock ratio 10 rib jackshaft pulley, with matching 10 rib belt and some spare 10 rib quick change pulleys (5% & 10%) that I'll make you a good deal on. All you need is the quick change hub and aluminum retaining nut from ESM and a 10 rib idler pulley from Heartland. E-mail me if your interested.

Last edited:
Mark,

I believe I had the option of a 5% or 10% jackshaft from ESM..I opted for 10%. They also machine an extra groove on the crank pulley(which needs to be aluminum to do that) as an extra option. WHen all was said and done I was spinning my blower to 21 psi..And no that wasnt a good thing..Should have went a bit larger on my blower pulley. Paul would be able to answer bette rthen I however thats about says it all I think

Mark,

Just to throw something else into the mix, I believe Heartland will be making 10 rib quick change systems for us. Mike and I discussed it briefly before he went on vacation. He's already done some of the work and will finish up when he returns. From what I hear, they will be producing pulleys (stock, UD), 10 rib systems and a lot of other products for our cars.

Nice Duane. I have been wanting to get a quick change pulley hub and a few 6 rib aluminum pullies (stock, 5%, and 10%). I just bought a 10% for my 90 SC and I will install it, but I am sure I can sell it if I get the quick change kit. And overdriven jackshaft pulley. I would also be interested in a set of polished aluminum underdrives. Black would work but you know what they say "bling bling is king"

Back