Temp question

V6Sprout

I have a question. Since my new motor has been running I rarely see temps above the N in Normal which a few of you guys do also but sometimes the gague is quite a bit below the N but it is not all the way to the left so it does move, usually sits just before the N though.

Anyways, since my fan is programmed to come on around 188 degrees I think it is, and I have a stock thermo which is 190 if I am correct, then how will this effect my car? I mean the motor is geting hot but the gauge stays below the N. I don't think my mustang motor ever got so hot, I mean I know the blower gets hot but this is HOT! How hot do these blowers get in relation to the rest of the motor and the temp gauge? Low temps are good but if they are too low thats bad, you can lose power with an engine not up to proper temp right? A low temp is better then too high of a temp though so thats good.

Stock thermostats are 197 degress Jamie, if your fan is programmed to come at 188 degrees and it's keeping it around there, then chances are your stat keeps opening and closing all the time. Use a 180 stat so that once it opens it stays open.

They run HOT, not much else one can say about it except they they tend to run damned HOT all the time, regardless of what the temp gauge is telling you.

Back