A whole bunch of questions...

bdfnbrd

Hey, just bought another thunderbird SC.. just wondering, what am I supposed to be boosting if I have a 10% pulley on there? Also, I'm having 'hickups' during heavy excelleration, could this be a spark plug gap problem or wires? What are the signs of bad injectors or just dirty ones? also, can anyone quote me a price on an automatic Tranny rebuild? I have a line on a 5 speed, actually the whole car for 1000 bucks, would it be better to just buy that and do the swap? Thanks!
Douglas Day
Middleton Id
90' Thunderbird SC

bdfnbrd said:
Hey, just bought another thunderbird SC.. just wondering, what am I supposed to be boosting if I have a 10% pulley on there? Also, I'm having 'hickups' during heavy excelleration, could this be a spark plug gap problem or wires? What are the signs of bad injectors or just dirty ones? also, can anyone quote me a price on an automatic Tranny rebuild? I have a line on a 5 speed, actually the whole car for 1000 bucks, would it be better to just buy that and do the swap? Thanks!
Douglas Day
Middleton Id
90' Thunderbird SC

I would say you should be getting around 15psi under WOT with a 10%. It all depends on if you really need a 5spd or not cause the 5spd's in SC's are from the F-150 so they aren't the most sporty shifting trannys out there. I am not sure about the problems during heavy acceration. Maybe its the belt slipping because with a 10% you need a smalled belt and a bigger tensioner.

yes, that is the one.. I'm having trouble with my 90' Thunderbird SC.. Automatic tranny!? I dunno why I even have it.. but anyways...

I had a hiccup problem that happened kind of randomly and steadly got worse. It was due to a loose spark plug wire. It was as simple as plugging it on securely. A loose SC Belt would just make you not have the power you should under full throttle. Missing a spark would definately make you hiccup, and depending on how bad, it would only happen under full load. Thats just from my experience with the same problem. it could be a hundred of different things.

Back