PDA

View Full Version : PLZ help me!!

Jeff
07-10-2002, 01:19 AM
I just bought a 1991 sc yesterday now it has 200k on it and i know i need to put some work in it. The problem i have right now is this... when i got it yesterday everything felt Awesome it was fast and it had balls but the next day when i took it to work it had no balls anymore. When its in first i put the pedal down it go's slow there is hardly any pick up. Now when i got it yesterday and i put the pedel down the meter went to boost on the guage now it go's stright the the psi i think it is called. also my car get VERY hot inside, i mean everything the shifter the floors the wheel Everything. i took it to a mechcanic and he said it is most like the wire because whoever had did a poor and i mean poor job on wiring it. Could someone please help me.

P.S. i am very new so i don't know any terms for this car i have been reading the post but i can't understand anything. Please talk like i'm an idiot cause when it comes to this i am!

Thank you so much.
Jeff

1991tbirdsc
07-10-2002, 01:30 AM
man i know exactly and i mean exactly how you feel the first day i bought mine i took it for a test drive before i bought it and it ran perfect but when i took it home which is like 30miles away when i got off the highway it had no kind of power wouldnt even spin the tires so the that same day i out the aircharge temp sensor and it still kept losing power i probably wasted like 100bucks the first 2 days i had it but then i came here and started readin and boy does it help some ine told me to change my spark plugs and wires and now it works perfect. when you said that they did a poor wiring job what was the wiring for?

Digitalchaos
07-10-2002, 02:15 AM
Strange that it gets hot inside; almost like too much heat buildup from the engine. Check your air-flow hoses, aka vaccuum lines. If there is a loose connection in your hoses, it can lose much power. Also, list any other problems you are having with it, or any other symptoms: noises, sights, feel, ect.

Something else just came to mind... Everything gets hot, you have no power. How is your Gas economy now? I think its your catalytic converter... in which case you absolutley should not drive it more than necessary to take it to the mechanic.

Jeff
07-10-2002, 09:01 AM
well thank you for replying. well with my car i hear lots of noises. lol. the engines rumbles and i still can hear the supercharger working. oh yeah i forgot to say that my car idel Stinks and shakes real bad i was in the parking lot and it almost stalled twice on me. The machinac i went to also said beacause of the wiring something is not work like it should so what is happening is the gas is not burning up in the engine and is burning in the exhaust and the exhaust is getting really hot. Maybe that is why the inside is getting hot? also when i turn slow its like i lose my power stering it is real hard to turn is that cause of the idel?

Jeff
07-10-2002, 09:49 AM
well thank you for replying. well with my car i hear lots of noises. lol. the engines rumbles and i still can hear the supercharger working. oh yeah i forgot to say that my car idel Stinks and shakes real bad i was in the parking lot and it almost stalled twice on me. The machinac i went to also said beacause of the wiring something is not work like it should so what is happening is the gas is not burning up in the engine and is burning in the exhaust and the exhaust is getting really hot. Maybe that is why the inside is getting hot? also when i turn slow its like i lose my power stering it is real hard to turn is that cause of the idel?

sabre81
07-10-2002, 11:02 AM
wow it sounds like this car has its fair share of problems. How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking.

Digitalchaos
07-11-2002, 04:00 AM
Does your idle shoot up and down, and every time seem like your car is going to die? If that answer is yes, then you have a vaccuum leak. This can make your car hot, for a few reasons. I find this to be the most viable explanation, because you mentioned uneven idle, low boost, lack of power all at once. It could be a bunch of problems combined, but check this first. If your car idles poorly, it could affect your power steering pump at idle, reducing steering. That can be further diagnosed after you check to make sure all the vaccuum air hoses are tightened, or tell a mechanic to.

tbirdboy
07-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Well, seems by all the info just mentioned that perhaps the Cats have caved in. No power and lots of heat are pretty much a given if the cats take a dump. Good luck.

Jeff
07-13-2002, 10:51 AM
for the person that asked howmuch i paid for the car is 5,000 canadain which is what like $3 dollars american lol. i still have it at the shop haven't really hard for them yet but i hear i need a new sensor and there was a vaccum tube missing from the supercharger. but thank all for helping me out i told him what you all said and that is why he found the vaccum.

again thank you you guys are great i will post again when i get it back from the shop.