Performance

BalouSC

I have a 90 sc auto. I was wondering if anyone knew any hp building tips such as modifying Stock stuff such as air box or whatever . And also what are some low budgets upgrades to get more power. All your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx BalouSC

performance

consider a ported blower pulley and high flow cone filter and exhaust and a tune. Im in pa and my pal bkb ports blowers and does amazing work. The tune is import probably most important. oneqkgt@aol.com

i bought an 80mm MAF from a '94 mark viii for $60 from someone here (it has similar electronic transfer function as a stock SC MAF), and installed it (was already modded/bolted to stock air box. Feels like it picked up a large chunk of torque in the mids, and 20 horses on the top end. but that may have been because my SC was running very lean in the first place, and i'm using a 70mm TB with a custom 3" homemade intake tube (ghetto style pvc pipe/plumbing connectors). it's definitely worth a shot though- i'm very happy with this mod. keep your stock air box and cut a bigger hole in the air silencer (under the passenger side fender well)- it'll run better, i've tried that cone filter setup and it's no good when it's hot under the hood.

look into installing a 5% supercharger pulley, they are around $60 as well. if you are able to do all of this at a minimum, i think you'll like the feel of increased power- very nice and very noticeable.

Last edited:
the-big-e said:
Add 5% jackshaft pulley to 5% blower pulley = :D :eek: :D
Blown head gaskets real quick with stock exhaust!
Basically exhaust, CAI, ported blower and MAF are some of the best upgrades I have done. All were noticeable changes weither it be sound or power. Only do the OD pulley after you did your exhaust!

You are correct......

Smooth acceleration is what I want and get with this package.......

I don't go WOT all the time with the current exhaust setup that I have.....

Exaust upgrade and an upper engine overhaul is planned for later this year.....

Back