rebuild?

Kyler

My Cougar XR7 has about 163K on it, to my knowledge the gaskets were changed out by the dealer I bought the car from so there new. I'm wondering about a rebuild though? I have no experience with engines and havn't done much but I'm wondering what a rebuild would cost on average, or how much a new motor from ford would cost? Just want to have the reassurance of a fresh engine at some point over the next year or so. :confused:

It depends what you mean by a rebuild. If you can do most of it yourself, and don't require new pistons/boring it should be pretty cheap.

I think mine was ~1700 for machining (boring, valve job....), and rebuild kit (pistons, rings, .... )

weiiiiiiiiiirrd. i was JUST thinking this to myself tongiht. mines at 196xxx kms, but runs absolutely mint. just wondering cuz down the road im sure it'll have to be done. good question, 10 points for you :cool:

rebuild

hey consider a ford reman motor for 1700 with a 3 year or 36,000 mile warrenty i put one in my car and its awsome. some might say they are junk on here but they also said supercoupes were tough to work on and they are not at all. I believed what most said on here about working on them i would never of pulled the motor myself. oneqkgt@aol.com

Back