Ford Concept Thunderbird SC

they gotta get rid of that ugly body style, but a supercharged T-bird would be cool for sure. Too bad its a V8 not the orginal V6 though. OH well, its a start indeed.

drummerzrok24 said:
http://ford.ca/english/learnabout/conceptcars/thunderbird.asp

I must have been blind, cause I did not see this at the NAIAS in Detroit, and I spent like 2 hours in the Ford section.
Too bad it doesn't look like our SC's.... But's its a start.

I think that conceept is a couple of years old, from maybe 2003, or 2004, not this years show. Maybe that's why you missed it. I think if you go to www.naias.com you can see a lot of the pictures from previous shows.

(edit) Maybe not, it looks as though they removed that section of the website and only have a link to the 2005 photo's.

Last edited:
i wish theyd look around at some of these damn forums and see what everyone wants. I have seen so many good looking photochops/drawings of what a future bird/sc would look like and they all look so good, and ford would sell tons of them, i mean not only the mn-12 community, But look at how horrible all these "old" redesigns are coming out except the 05 Rustang, but none the less pretty soon they will be a dime a dozen too. Like the "gto" the "charger" and a few of the other concepts ive seen, the just not holding up the image of the name.

I wish some of the ppl that are within ford would, or close to ford, would send them links to all these forums. I mean hell the charger came back now its time for a good bird to come back not a FLOP!! :( :(

Wishful thinking i know.

Tyler

At least that Bird has some style, and with the supercharger, some HP. The 2002-2005 Bird had to of been designed by some Soccer Mom. Lacking in looks and power. This one would of solved both. I am affraid just too late.

Notice its a supercharged 3.9L makine 390 hp just like a Cobra yet less displacement. Of course the 4.6's have lots of untapped power in them.

V6Sprout said:
they gotta get rid of that ugly body style, but a supercharged T-bird would be cool for sure. Too bad its a V8 not the orginal V6 though. OH well, its a start indeed.

I assume you mean the original V6 MN12, cause technically the first supercharged bird was in 1957 and was a V8

392Bird said:
At least that Bird has some style, and with the supercharger, some HP. The 2002-2005 Bird had to of been designed by some Soccer Mom. Lacking in looks and power. This one would of solved both. I am affraid just too late.

I feel the same way!

That is a womans car!!!

The nicest car Ford's done recently in my opinon is the Mercury Marauder, and it shoud have gotten the blown cobra motor, though I'm sure you could make that happen :D

Yeah the mustang are OK, but just too much... "Mom and Dad bought me a new car" or "midlife crisis" for me.

Chevy screwed up with their Impala SS back in the 90s too, why in the world didn't they make more of em??? Not that I'd buy a chevy, but those things are $$$$ in good shape.

Why won't anyone make a half decent musclecar anymore, or make enough when they make a decent one... But then again, I guess Dodge may be comming around, but I'm not a mopar guy...

Its all good though, when I get my SC how I like it I'm gonna find me a 90s lincoln towncar, and do it up right with a 460, maye even stroked bigger, and either do dual eatons, or a big blower through the hood. I am not that far in its planning yet, but I'm curious if I could fit dual m90s or m112s under the stock towncar hood...

I likes me a big car :cool:

Man that pic is old-that came out in 03!!

That's when the 3.9L was putting out 252hp-03-05 make 285hp.

Special Vehicle Concepts in California will build you a 02-05 Thunderbird that will make over 400HP, and look good doing it.

The 57 Thunderbird F-Code with the 312CID Y-block and McCullough-Paxton supercharger makes 340HP from the factory.

Get someone driving the new bird that is willing to push it and it will hand you your butt on a platter if you are driving a stock SC-where we are banging off the stops is where they make their best power-6000rpm.

you still couldn't convince me to drive one of those POS's. I would MUCH rather have my SC than that piece....

Back