Engine miss

93bird

Need some help diagnosing a new problem. When I reach about 2psi boost I get a severe miss, bad enough to make the whole car buck. It also will actually knock bad enough to hear. I've run two tanks of gas through it so I think I can eliminate that. No trouble codes. Tried a different DIS module, no change. As long as I stay out of it, it runs fine. Any thoughts?

Try this for starters...

Check the plug wires... I once had a wire get a small hole burned through the insulation from being too close to the exhaust manifold. The engine would idle just fine, but it sputtered really bad under load. Mist a little water with a spray bottle around the wires and see if you can see any arcing. Another thing to check for is vacuum leaks around the intercooler pipe fittings. (Sensor Safe Super RTV Copper works great for sealing the SC plumbing).

i to have this problem with my 93 as soon as you get any boost it miss and bucks i tried many thing but it still does it any help would be great thanks

Could be your balancer

On the 94 I had, the balancer, when it started to go, would "jump" back at certain RPMs. Mine never flew off, just worked its way back into the crankshaft sensor. It wouldn't buck under easy driving, but if I punched it, it would buck once, mayeb twice then go on.

Back