Trans GO

blksc

I wanted to ask people who have installed the shift kit themselves how difficult it was, and how helpful was the video ?

I didn't have the video and after reading the instructions many times I decided to take it to a transmission mechanic. I think this was good choice, because it isn't very expensive job but if it goes wrong it will definately be BIG MONEY!!!

Good luck if you decide to do it yourself and be patient.

It's difficult to compare prices because I'm in Finland and you're propably in the States. But my installation was about 140-150USD.

TransGo

Considering the number of guys that do the J-Mod for the AOD-E + using A-Train's Tech article on the TCCoA board & others I think that you can do it since its a very similar job w/o the need for special tools. I plan on installing it myself since I just installed a Tru-Cool 24,000 tranny cooler which was very simple to install because I bypassed & plugged the stoke bottom of the rad cooler.
My understanding is that some of the weaker areas of the AOD were addressed in the later model trannys (AOD-E +) and the TransGo includes some of those improvements.

I did my own

I installed my own Trans Go kit
Its easy just follow the instructions and view the video

I looks hard but trust me its easy to do it yourself

13.088et mine works awesome shifts hard

I paid a trans shop $150 to put in my Transgo kit. I don't like mine very much. It shifts better than stock, but not really what I was looking for. After riding around in some other AOD cars that actually shift, and then driving mine, mine is weak.

My friend has a B&M kit in his TH350 and it will lay rubber on the 2-3 at wide open throttle. Always chirps the 1-2 at half throttle or better. Part throttle is just firm positive shifts. Makes mine feel like a slush box again.

Now that my SC is apart I'm going to put in the Lentech street terminator valve body with electronic overdrive.The transgo still shifts way too early for my taste.

I'll sell my transgo equipped valve body once I get it removed. Then all you do is remove your trans pan, remove the filter, and remove the bolts holding in the valve body, replace with my valve body, and replace and install filter and pan.

Maybe the trans shop didn't adjust mine right but I personally don't like it. Others love it, but I want harder shifts.

TransGo shifts

From what I've read on other post, the difference between soft shifts and hard is whether you leave out or install the spring while doing the mod. A-Train is the guy that seams to know the most about these trannies. so ask him about it.

Back