Resurrection - parts needed

rustycolt

Canada's newest SC owner needs your help! A long time admirer of the SCs, I finally found one for my very own. Broken, abused, and left to rot in a back alley. A simple knock on the door, and ten short hours later, it was safe and sound in my driveway, and already on the mend. This car needs (and deserves) a LOT of love. Here is the story from the last uncaring bastard that owned it:

The house that the car was parked at belongs to the guy's ex - bad move. He had moved out a few months back, and she wanted the car gone like yesterday. (it had been there almost exactly one year when I came along) In spite of the fact that he had just shelled out for a new 5-speed, complete new IRS, new fuel system, and new clutch & hydraulics, the bird would not fly under it's own power. His mechanic told him it had a broken connecting rod. He chose not to repair it at the price quoted. The interior panels were strewn about the car when I looked at it - his younger brother removed the stereo (and wiring) and did not put anything back together. The person who owned it before this guy did a lot of country driving on gravel which resulted in both bumper covers being torn to shreds, and fine dust in every crack, crevice and opening. None of this was promising. He claimed that the car would run, but "it sounds bad". I had to hear for myself before handing over my hard earned loot, so on went the jumper cables and in went the key. Fired and ran surprisingly smoothly right off the hop. The smooth idle and NASTY (did I say nasty, cause that is like saying the ocean is a bit damp) rattle/squeal had led me to the conclusion that the rod is not in fact broken, rather there is (are) a spun bearing(s). We'll find out for sure when I get the oil pan off.

Having got it home, evaluting the situation, and making a list of what was working/busted, the decision to fix rather than part out was clear. Ambitious, but clear. The interior panels were all there, and few were damaged. The accessories and power equipment were all functional. Hell, mechanical problems are cake compared to tracking down shorts in an electrical system like these - am I right? In just a few hours, I was able to correct nearly all of the problems that did not require parts, but now, I am putting out a call for help.

Here is a short list of parts wanted - car is '89 Tan/Grey cloth :

Driver's front corner light
Driver's door handle (inside) & "premium sound" trim surround for same
Driver's door panel
Door sills (both - inside ones that cover carpet)
Console lid
Headlight switch knob
Passenger mirror (power)
Front bumper cover
Rear bumper cover
One centre cap
One seat adjustment knob (four-way part)
Running or donor motor (Regina only)

I'd like to find the exterior pieces in the correct color, but if the right deal comes along, I could develop color blindness pretty fast!

I'm hoping for the best (expecting the worst) from the bottom end, so I will not decide what course I'm going to take until I see what damage is done. I'm prepared for whatever may be in there - thanks to the beauty SC forums, and all the great folks posting on them!

If anyone has any of these parts, PM or email me. (my username - hotmail) and thanks for all the help that I've already got from all of you.

How 'Bout a Whole Car?

rustycolt said:
Canada's newest SC owner needs your help! A long time admirer of the SCs, I finally found one for my very own. Broken, abused, and left to rot in a back alley. A simple knock on the door, and ten short hours later, it was safe and sound in my driveway, and already on the mend. This car needs (and deserves) a LOT of love. Here is the story from the last uncaring bastard that owned it:

The house that the car was parked at belongs to the guy's ex - bad move. He had moved out a few months back, and she wanted the car gone like yesterday. (it had been there almost exactly one year when I came along) In spite of the fact that he had just shelled out for a new 5-speed, complete new IRS, new fuel system, and new clutch & hydraulics, the bird would not fly under it's own power. His mechanic told him it had a broken connecting rod. He chose not to repair it at the price quoted. The interior panels were strewn about the car when I looked at it - his younger brother removed the stereo (and wiring) and did not put anything back together. The person who owned it before this guy did a lot of country driving on gravel which resulted in both bumper covers being torn to shreds, and fine dust in every crack, crevice and opening. None of this was promising. He claimed that the car would run, but "it sounds bad". I had to hear for myself before handing over my hard earned loot, so on went the jumper cables and in went the key. Fired and ran surprisingly smoothly right off the hop. The smooth idle and NASTY (did I say nasty, cause that is like saying the ocean is a bit damp) rattle/squeal had led me to the conclusion that the rod is not in fact broken, rather there is (are) a spun bearing(s). We'll find out for sure when I get the oil pan off.

Having got it home, evaluting the situation, and making a list of what was working/busted, the decision to fix rather than part out was clear. Ambitious, but clear. The interior panels were all there, and few were damaged. The accessories and power equipment were all functional. Hell, mechanical problems are cake compared to tracking down shorts in an electrical system like these - am I right? In just a few hours, I was able to correct nearly all of the problems that did not require parts, but now, I am putting out a call for help.

Here is a short list of parts wanted - car is '89 Tan/Grey cloth :

Driver's door handle (inside) & "premium sound" trim surround for same
Driver's door panel
Door sills (both - inside ones that cover carpet)
Console lid
Headlight switch knob
Passenger mirror (power)
Front bumper cover
Rear bumper cover
One centre cap
One seat adjustment knob (four-way part)
Running or donor motor (Regina only)

I'd like to find the exterior pieces in the correct color, but if the right deal comes along, I could develop color blindness pretty fast!

I'm hoping for the best (expecting the worst) from the bottom end, so I will not decide what course I'm going to take until I see what damage is done. I'm prepared for whatever may be in there - thanks to the beauty SC forums, and all the great folks posting on them!

If anyone has any of these parts, PM or email me. (my username - hotmail) and thanks for all the help that I've already got from all of you.

You ought to buy my '89 5-speed car I have sitting around. It's titanium with a grey cloth interior; 133K miles. I bought it to have spares for my two nice low-mileage cars, but decided it's too nice to part out, so I'll sell it complete only. It's always been a S. Texas car so there's no rust at all. Runs and drives good, but cosmetics aren't too good. The bumper covers are good, but might need some minor repair. You could pull a ton of good interior parts out of this car, but the soft trim has several cigarette burns. Mechanically, it's had a recent water pump, P/S pump, head gaskets, brakes, major A/C work with new compressor, etc. I have receipts for this. Previous owner also claimed it's had trans rebuild and clutch. I believe it because it shifts as well as my 40K mile car. $1,850 USD takes it home. It will run and drive. I'm located near San Antonio, TX. These two cars might make one extremely nice one.

JD

I have the following from a 1993 SC

Console lid

Passenger mirror (how do I get it off :confused: )

Front bumper cover (not cracked at all, but needs paint, current paint is halfway srtipped off)

Rear bumper cover (there is a small crack in the drivers side bottom, see pics)

Running or donor motor (do you mean the engine??? I got a shortblock ks!for sale, running when removed this ast weekend)

PM, or email me for details and negotiation!

sizemoremk AT yahoo.com

I will also email ya!

Thanks!

Back