please help won't work

LostDreamer

so I installed a new radio this week andi tested the cd player with my friends cd come to find out oek was screwed up bad and i recored really loud and i had the cd player up to 25. when it came to that track the whole system shut off and now wont turn on i replaced te radio and got a new one but it still wont work. So whats up did i blow the factory amp or did i short something oh yeah when i turn on the igniion the power light lights up but thats all somone help please............

What about a fuse on the back of the radio itself?

edit:just re-read- i see you got the radio replaced. Ya looks as if the culprits in the fuse panel.

Tyler

The factory amp uses a 40 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. The radio and power antenna use the same 40 amp fuse and a 15 amp fuse in the fuse box under the dash.
If your wiring is stock and the power antenna works, it means that both fuses are good.

i never seen a fuse under the hood but let me see and no I dont have a power antena I wish I did

edit I lookd under teh hood in the fuse box and the lid did not say radio fuse mits labeled as somthing else? I also checked the trunk to see if te amp is okand where their would be a stock amp the spot was empty does anyone know if my amp is located somewhere else Igot a 92SC

Last edited:
Back